Chapter 12

After two hours of shopping,Christian thought it was enough. They headed back to their car and was ready to go back home. Although Melinda had enough clothes and jewellery,Christian insisted on purchasing more to her.

To Melinda, it was blatant and  clear that Christian had to be a millionaire or even a billionaire for wondering's sake.

"I still don't know why you bought all this clothes and jewellery for me Christian." Melinda said as she buckled her seatbelt.

"You don't have to know." Christian replied buckling his seatbelt too.

Melinda refused the urge to roll her yes. Instead, she sighed.

"You can drop me five blocks away from my house. I don't want to be asked many questions." Melinda informed and Christian just nodded.

He started the engine and drove out of the mall parking lot.

Somewhere somehow, Melinda felt quite disappointed that their date had come to an end and she felt like she was going to miss him and that day.

"I'm just going to stop here and quickly go grab myself something to eat." Christian told Melinda and she nodded.

He stopped the car and sat still.They were then in front of what looked like an Italian restaurant.
Melinda waited for him to go out but he was still sitting still. Not making any effort to go out of the car.

"Didn't you just say you going to grab yourself some food?" Melinda asked.

"I did,but I just changed my mind. I'll order pizza or something." Christian said and Melinda just nodded slowly.

He then drove off.

There was a moment of silence before Melinda took the initiative to start a conversation.

"Pizza for dinner though?" With a laugh,Melinda questioned.

"What can I do. Im definitely not feeling like eating takeaways."

"But don't you have a maid or someone to cook for you?" Melinda asked." Rich people always and I mean always get things done for them."

Christian  looked at Melinda and chuckled before setting his eyes back on the road.

"You're a smart young thing." Christian admitted.

"You're dodging my question Blue."

Christian just stayed quiet.

"Or forget the maid thing,you can just cook for yourself right?It's easy that way and I know one thing for sure that you have plenty of food at your house." Melinda said .

But Christian kept on driving, not answering her.

"Could you just answer one of the questions I asked please?" Melinda was getting tired of the silent treatment.

Silence.

"Okwy that's it!" Melinda said unbuckling her seatbelt in a swift." Stop the car."

"What?" Christian asked, earning an annoyed look from Melinda.

"STOP THE CAR!" Melinda demanded, a bit sternly.

"You don't tell me what to do Mel." Christian protested.

"Oh yeah?" Melinda asked.

"Yes." Christian said not glaring at her.

"What it I said stop the car because...." Melinda trailed off as she put her soft hand on Christian's leg. Just above the knee.