Chapter 24

A loud noise filled Melinda's room and she instantly opened her eyes. She looked besides her and it was her alarm that went on. Stretching her arms up and yawning a few times,she realised that she was still sleepy and tired.

Christian dropped her around 11pm. After they left the restaurant, he took her out to watch a movie. When she arrived home,her mother was already asleep. She went straight to bed after taking a bath.

During her sleep,she kept turning and tossing. Something was bothering her. The incidents that took place at her school haunted her back on her dreams.

But one thing that worried her is that,she dreamt of her Professor drowning into the ocean. It seemed like they were together inside the ocean and they fought about something. When Melinda decided to go out of the water and leave,she felt Professor.Andrews shouting out her name. When she turned, he was getting deeper and deeper into the ocean. He kept trying to surf up but something pulled him further down. Melinda swam to him in order to help but she was getting pulled back. Something was pulling her back,an invisible force. She looked back and saw there was no one pulling her but when she tried to run and help,she couldn't. Suddenly, a glass surrounded her. It separated her from getting to Professor.Andrew's side. She banged and banged the glass to break but it was just too firm to. The last words he uttered to him was ....

"I'm sorry."

Right after that,he was gone. He just vanished into thin air in front of Melinda.The water stopped moving and no one was at sight.

"Professor.Andrews!!" Melinda yelled her lungs out crying.

Right after that,she swiftly woke up. Panting and terrified. Her whole body was sweaty and her mouth was so dry. She looked at her phone and it was 2am.

"It was just a nightmare." She told herself gladly.

Her heart was beating rapidly.

She got off bed and went into the bathroom. Placing her hands on each side of the sink,she gazed at herself in the large mirror. She opened the tab and poured water all over her face. She was feeling hot inside her whole body. The last time Melinda had such a terrific nightmare was when her mother died.

Deciding on taking a cold bath to cool her down,she striped off her pj's and turned on the shower. After bathing,she went back to bed. But she couldn't sleep and so she decided to text the only person she knew would reply instantly.

Melinda: I can't sleep.(-☹

She put the phone down and let out a sigh. After a minute,it beeped.

Christian: Come outside.

Melinda quickly rose her head from her soft pillow and stared at the text for the second time. She was confused. Confused by how he quickly got there in a minute.

She pushed off the duvet and walked towards her closet. Since she was naked,she took out a long black shirt that reached her thighs and wore her black thong. She slipped on her fluffy morning sleepers and tied her hair up into a ponytail.

She went out of her room and quietly walked down the stairs. As she got out of the house,a cold breeze brushed against her warm skin. Christian was packed on the other side of the street.

He was leaning on the door,arms crossed. He wore a black shirt and some black jeans. His hair was a bit messy but looked clean. As Melinda got closer, he smiled at her.

"You never smile." Melinda said standing in front of him.

Christian pulled her closer and hugged her. Melinda's arms wrapped around Christian's neck as she hugged back.