Chapter 1

Monday Morning 7am.

The pleasant sound of the soft  pitter-patter of the rain filled Melinda's ears as she walked through the  leer placid streets of  Northampton Town, in England. A country town of Northamptonshire .

The cool wind blew back her soft,beautiful Auburn hair leaving her sharp-fine white nose to be descried and her verdant sparkling eyes to be espied by birds chirping above her from  tall   trees. The fine wind carried  the leaves from the trees above her down to the ground,the leaves crunching under her feet.

Melinda felt the cold air brushing against her smooth skin,a shiver went down her spine. She let out a shaky breath,sighing against her lips,before sinking into the fluffy scarf that she had loosely wrapped around her neck and over her shoulder.

Looking up,she observed the sky. It had a peculiar appearance before a drop of rain fall onto her head,then another and another.Her lips curled up into a smile. A beautiful one.

Melinda had always loved the rain. And for virtuous reasons. Like:

ONE :She knew that everytime when  the rain starts,there is always going to be two souls,falling in love.

TWO : She believed that Rain and Love come with full force,affect everything in the way,and leave,taking everything with it.

THREE : That nothing is as vulnerable as a soul in love,in the rain.

FOUR : The rain ,like love,always seems to harsh for the onlooker standing on the sidelines,sheltered. It is only until it has touched you that you realise how your soul has missed such a tender caress.

Melinda continued to walk the streets of Northampton,drops of the rain dripping down her skin,with her hands shoved into the pockets of her red wine Givenchy trenchcoat. Inside, she was wearing a black dress that stopped right above her knees. Her heels hit the ground step after step,lightly splashing the water underneath her feet.

She walked further till a small cozy coffee shop appeared in front of her. Smiling to herself, she walked inside. She gave her order on the till and went to take a seat. She found a beautiful spot next to a large window that showcased everything on the outside.

She took off her coat and her scarf,leaving her glowing smooth skin exposed. The dress hung perfectly around her sexy body. She was curvaceous and had a very,very gorgeous face.

Melinda had long Aurburn hair,verdant luminous eyes,full lips,sharp long nose and skin so pale.Everyone who saw her at college would ask her where Edward was.

When she sat down on the seat next to the window,she smiled brightly.

Sitting there made her very excited. She was a lover of views. From ocean views to lake views. From Lake views to city views. From city views to every view that was stunningly beautiful.Breathtaking and very pleasant to her verdant eyes.

Just like every other writer,views were everything to her.

She looked outside the window while waiting for her coffee. The empty streets stole her mind.

Melinda was a young novelist.A student to be precise.Originally from New York but moved to Northampton after the death of her parents. She enrolled at a Creative Writing College and was 21 years old. She was living with her mother-,well step mother.
Her mother died when she was only six years old.
Her father,John  Carter married another woman after the death of his first wife, Eileen Carter,Melinda's mother. Melinda's parents were married for almost eight years. They had her when they were still in college. Melinda's mother died very young. She was only twenty-five years old when she passed away.