Chapter 2

Tuesday Morning 9am.

"I need to eat." The thought crossed Melinda's mind but she didn't move.

Instead, she stayed in her fatal position,watching a recent episode of her favourite Series.Loud yet pleasing voices of her favourite characters filled the entire room as her eyes gazed fixedly on her big TV Screen.

She would be up at night studying and writing. Then she'd dedicate an hour to screen time. She never missed an episode of her favourite series. She definitely made sure of that.

Books packed with knowledge were spread out across her bed. Her iPhone laptop and some of the notes she made in her class.

Her room was purely white. Every furniture was white and the bathroom had a touch of black. Making her room be very elagant. It was spacious and had two  large glass doors leading outside to the balcony. As soon as you stepped outside the balcony, fresh relaxing air would hit your nostrils and pleasant sounds of chirping of the birds above the tall trees that surrounded the house welcomed you.

She was quite a spiritual person. Very calm and collected.

She would meditate,drink and eat healthy and not to forget the most important activity she loved doing,exercising.

All of that,brought serenity within her.It also helped her to have a clean mind when writing her books.

Still lost in her movie,she heard a soft knock on her large wooden door.

"Melinda?" She heard her name being called after the knock.

"Come in." She murmured softly.

The door opened to reveal her mother.

"I've never seen such a gorgeous young lady looking all depressed early in the morning. You look like you lost a puppy or something." Her mother teased as she went towards the curtains and opened them.

Soon,the room filled with bright light coming from the shining sun outside. It was a beautiful bright day after that small rain.

"Ha-ha-ha, very funny." Melinda forced herself to sit up straight and pushed a small smile on her face.

"Are you not attending today my baby?" Leonora asked.

Melinda shook her head." Nop. Got no classes today." She replied.

But instead of getting excited about not attending for the entire day as many of kids would,she just looked empty.

For the past few days,she has been sadder and completely down. Her cheerful bright spirit fading faster than steam dissolved into thin air.

She had no idea why she felt that way.Perhaps her menstrual cycle was about to begin,or maybe she just missed her parents. After all,they were her only bestfriends. The only two people she grew very fond with except till Leonora came into the picture.

Leonora noticed that Melinda was not okay. As a mother,she knew that she  had to do something about that.

"You miss them don't you?" Her mother ask,voice low and eyes fixedly gazed at Melinda.

A tear escaped Melinda's left eye and she swiftly wiped it off. "Is it that blatant?" She asked,looking far outside the large glass doors that Leonora had opened to reveal the balcony.

She looked at her daughter and smiled." You know Melinda,your mother and father really loved you."

She snorted disapprovingly." That,I'm not one hunnid sure about."

Leonora let out a sigh before walking outside and stood at the balcony. "Come out here." She looked inside at Melinda and gently gestured with her head.