F I F T E E N

Draco POV

Lilith' birthday turned out better then I had expected, at the end of the night we walked back to the common room at sat by the fire, talking about school subjects and the annoyance of teachers.

Its now the Saturday after Lilith's birthday, every morning I would wake up from the same dream; were I enter the room to get my dark mark, I have pleaded my mother not to get it but she says theres nothing we can do, the dark lord will get what he wants.

I woke up late from being up last night worrying about you-know-who, I tried my best to forget about the dark lord and live the time I have now, I tried focusing on Lilith but it didn't work. I would get strange thoughts about you-know-who killing Lilith, which was bizarre since she can't be killed.

I walk my way down to the great hall as usual but stopped halfway to the sound of screaming, I was instantly intrigued. I turned around several corners until I saw two first years standing in the middle of the hall. One being a Gryffindor and the other Ravenclaw. My eyes moved toward the girl lying on the floor clutching her arm, groaning in pain, her forearm was covered in her own blood.

My first thought when seeing was blood was Lilith, I quickly looked around wondering if she was here but there was no sign of her, I didn't know whether that was a good or bad thing.

I hesitated before walking towards the two first years, I normally would leave them there but they already saw me staring at them.

As I got closer the Gryffindor girl who stood next to her wounded friend started to speak. "I- I- I didn't mean to- I- I tried this spell and it went- boom and I- I-" She rushed out her words in panic.

"Just go get someone or go to lesson." I really could not care less where she went but her winey little voice was already giving me a headache.

"Okay." She cried out wile running to the end of the corridor.

I looked down at the Ravenclaw girl who had passed out on the floor, I let out a huff before looking at her arm, I faked a gag at the sight of all the blood. It reminded me of the night Blaise bumped into in quidditch practice.

I didn't know what to do. I thought about leaving her there since I couldn't think of anything else to do.

I turned on my heal to walk out the corridor but stopped when I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I slowly turned my head to see Lilith standing there, a sigh of relief escaped when I released it was her and not some old teacher.

She didn't look at me, in fact I don't think she even knew I was there. Her eyes were locked onto the bleeding Ravenclaw girl on the floor. My eyes instantly widened when I released why she was staring.

I took a few steps closer to her hoping she would lift her eyes off the first year, but she didn't.

I let out a forced cough to get her attention, but it didn't.

She slowly took a step forward closer to the Ravenclaw still unknown that I was standing in the same corridor.

"Lilith!" I snap trying to get her attention but she doesn't listen.

My heart beat started to get faster and I could feels the beats getting faster against my chest, once I realised the veins had appeared underneath her eyes. My legs froze as I stared at her, silently.

Lilith's eyes finally left the Ravenclaw girl and moved over to me, making eyes contact, Her veins had become more prominent, I slowly walked backward, struggling to get my legs to work.

"Lilith?" I questioned her, shakily.

She didn't respond but instead furrowed her eyebrows and returned her vision back to the first year, I closed my eyes as Lilith got closer to the passed out Ravenclaw, I wanted to leave but there was a part of me that told me not to leave her.

I reopened my eyes to see Lilith's eyes shut stood next to the Ravenclaw.

"D-draco..." She paused. "H-help me, I don't want to do this." she cried out.

I walked toward her slowly without thinking, as I stood beside her worry fulled me. Her veins were still there and her fangs were slightly peering out from in-between her lips.

I stood there hopeless on how to help.

"I- I can't resist it." She cried out once again. "Not this time."

My heart dropped as I heard the word pouring out her mouth. Lilith's eyes where squeezed shut as tears poured onto her blushed cheeks.

She took a deep breath before speaking. "Get out of here." she looked up at me and repeated herself but with more anger. "Get out of here. Now."

"No." I stare at her blankly.

She narrows her lips. "Draco, I'm not safe around you at the moment. Leave."

"Im not leaving you here to sruggle, Lilith."

She doesn't reply, she just moves her head back to the Ravenclaw. "I won't hurt her." She mumbles under her breath over and over again.

I turn my head to the end of the corridor and listen out for people walking our way. When I look back toward Lilith she was crying, but not no ordinary cry, you could hear the pain in her voice, she slowly turned her head around her, her big puffy eyes stared at my reaction, there was blood dripping from around as her fangs pocked through her lips once again.

"I- I hurt her, Draco... I fed on her." she let out another painful cry as her veins disappeared along with her fangs, she quickly whipped her mouth and look back at me.

I was frozen still.

Was I scared? Yes.

Was I going to show that I was scared? No.

"Lets get out of here." I said quickly while grabbing her wrist.

"W-what about there girl? I can't just leave her." Lilith spoke with fear.

"I can take her to the hospital wing." This is not something I wanted to be doing on a Saturday morning but Lilith was in distress and needed my help.

She let out a small nod and told me she is going back to the common room to write to her Mother and Father.

~*~

I finally got back to the common room after spending almost an hour at the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey wanted me to sign forms about what happened, I obviously didn't tell the full truth since that would me telling her about Lilith.

Lilith POV

"Dear, Mother and Father,

Today I lost control, I'm sorry.

Love, Lilith."

I tried to keep the letter short and straight to the point. I was ashamed of myself, I don't know what had gotten into me.

I gave my letter to my owl, who quickly flow off with it leaving a gust of wind.

I was nervous about how my parents would react. From my knowledge I don't think my father would care anymore, he is 10 times worse then me and wouldn't doubt before ripping someones head off. On the other hand, my mother is the opposite, even when she had her humanity off after her mother died, she was no where near being as bad as my father.

We'll just have to wait.