F O R T Y

2 years later

After the war Draco insisted he see where I grew up, since I seen his family home. Him and I both traveled to New Orleans where I taught him how to control his blood urges.

I walked outside from my old house as I sat upon an old swing set that creaked every time it swung a certain limit. I watched the branches on the trees sway in the wind, as small black birds flew branch, to branch.

I smile as Draco walks around the corner, holding a tall cup of coffee in his right hand. "You alright?" He asks.

I look up towards him as a smile spreads through my lips. I nod slowly as my glaze returns back to the tree branches.

Draco's heavy footsteps become louder as he approaches me. "Even after all this time, I still don't know what accessory you wear to keep the sun from burning you."

I point to my necklace with my index finger, still watching the tree.

"Are you going to speak?" Draco huffs. "This is like talking to a brick wall."

I chuckle as one eyebrow raises. "Hello." I finally speak as I look upon Draco's tall structure.

He nods as the side of his check turns upwards. "Where do you think your parents are now?"

"Somewhere with nice food, art and culture." I smile.

"Sounds interesting." Draco says as he sits beside me on the swing set.

"He always wanted to take her around the world. Show her places she never knew existed, and now he finally has a chance too." I contend.

A silence falls upon us as we sit together. Everything felt peaceful since the war ended, no stress had imparted between us.

"I found a book when I was clearing out a few boxes." Draco broke the silence. "Is it yours?"

Draco handed me plan black, hard clover book. My eyes widened instantly as an awkward smile spread through my lips. "You didn't read it did you?" I question quickly as my checks turn a lighter red.

He shakes he's head 'no' as a small laugh spreads through his lips. "Is there something in there I shouldn't see?" Draco mocked as he raised one eyebrow.

"No, no it's just embarrassing."

"Read some of it out." Draco nudged me playfully.

"You're kidding? No." I hushed as I turn towards him and open the book, making none of the pages visible for him.

Draco sighs as I read the first page; The book wasn't a normal book, it was the diary I kept through 6th year of Hogwarts. That time felt like a blur now. There wasn't many pages written, approximately four.

"Read it out." Draco insisted again.

I sighed. "Fine. September 3rd, Nothing worked. Nothing we do helps fix the stupid cabinet worked. Pansy started asking questions today, asking were I had been when I sleep. I told her I normally fall asleep on the sofa and don't wake up till morning. She believed in the lie. Lies are the only things I say nowadays, you would think a hybrid would find lying normal but for me no. Draco has been stressing none stop about the cabinet, he tried some spells on it hoping it would work but it either made it worse or did absolutely nothing. Both of us feel like giving up on the cabinet only on the second day."

"God I forgot how stressful everything was." Draco laughed nervously.

"Mhm." I crease my eyebrows as I look over to Draco. "Do you have a pen?"

"No but I'll get one." He smiles as he pushes himself off the swing set, causing it to rock back and forth slowly.

Draco didn't take long to return with a pen as he hands it to me carefully. I cross my legs on the swing as I turn the page over to a blank one.

I start writing quickly as a speak each word that spreads across the page;

"Dear Diary,

A lot has changed since I last wrote in here. The war is over— finally. Despite the scares and terrible things that came with it, it's finally over.

Draco and I have visited my family home and are planning to move somewhere near the beach. Pansy owled me a few weeks ago telling me about this boy she met, she apologised for what happened in Hogwarts as she got carried away by her longing for Draco, I replied shortly explaining how life is now and giving an apology in return.

Luna and I keep in contact, too. The last time I saw her she taught me through some of her new study's. I didn't understand half the things she was saying, nor did Draco, but she looked like it interested her so we acted along with it.

My parents keep owling me photos and postcards from all their different city's. (The most recent one was New Zealand) My mother looked happy, and so did my father."

I stopped writing as I looked straight ahead to a tree in the far distance. This tree had a small tier hanging from a rope. I smile as I remember happy memories of my mother and father pushing me on the tier. I would laugh as I got to the highest point of the swing, kicking my legs towards the sky and feeling weightless.

1 year later — 3 years later from the war.

The sun settled down on the beach as the sky turned from pink to a light shade of orange. Draco and I sat upon a grey blanket among the sand as we listened to the sound of the waves clapping together.

As promised, Draco and I did moved to a small house near the beach. Everything around us felt remote as we spend our days together, not needing to worry about the time stopping.

I moved closer to Draco as he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into a warm embrace. He soothed my forearm like he did a few hours before the battle of Hogwarts. I small smile spread through my lips as a tiny puppy ran across the blanket leaving sand spread around us.

"That dog is more hassle then it's worth." Draco sighed as the dog chased his tail.

"Shush, you love him really." I laughed as a grim appeared across Draco's face.

Draco called our dog by his name as he trotted towards us, wiggling his tail. He sat down in front of us as he curled into a ball. I reached out my arm softly to stoke his neck.

My diary wasn't so empty as it was before. I wrote down the important things, things that I never want to forget, but that wasn't all, I would mostly write about the bad times so I wouldn't take the good times for granted. I turn to the last remaining page in the book as I click my pen.

"Dear diary,

You normally finish something with a goodbye, but that's not how I want it to end.

In fact, I don't want anything at this right moment to end — at all. I have everything I ever wanted, but all good things come to an end, eventually.

Moments like these are precious, that only a few get to experience, and i wouldn't change it for the world because in them moments you feel infinite.

~ Lilith"

A/N- Thank you so much for reading this book! I can't believe I finally finished it after so long. I haven't made any plans on making another book but I still have some ideas haha

Once again, thank you so so much for reading till the end it means is much to me! I love youuu