T H I R T Y T W O

3 months later:
Lilith POV:

Draco and I have been working on the cabinet ever since we got back to Hogwarts. Most days we didn't leave the room of requirements.

"Time really does go slow when you're working on the same thing day and night." I say while reaching out towards a plank of wood.

Draco didn't reply. He was staring to the cabinet with his left hand on him chin.

"Draco?" I call out to him. Still no reply. "Hello?"

Draco moved his head stiffly towards me. His eyes were red from no sleep, his hair was messy and the bags under his eyes have expanded. "Did you say something?" He questioned.

"Yes..." I stopped as I look at him with concern.

Draco looked at me up and down as he moved his hand through his messy hair. "Maybe we should take a break from the cabinet."

I didn't hesitate to reply. "Yes." I pushed the plank of wood onto the floor as I walked over to a near by sofa, I stroked over the sofa to get most of the dust off. I sat down as I noticed Draco continued to stare at the cabinet. "Are u taking a break or just me?" I snapped.

"Yeah, yeah... wait." Draco continued to stare at the cabinet, not leaving his eyes off it. I continue to sit on the sofa, resting my back against it. "I got it!" Draco shouts unexpectedly. I furrow my eyebrows as I look at him, a smile is on his face as he moves his eyes towards me. "I know how to fix it."

I stand up from the sofa, still confused as I walk slowly towards him. "How?" I ask quietly. Draco doesn't reply but he takes his wand from his pocket and points it towards the cabinet. He takes a slow deep breath as I watch him steadily. "What you doing?" I whisper.

Draco hushes me as he closes his eyes "Harmonia Nectere" Draco flicks his wand towards the cabinet as he mumbles underneath his breath. The cabinet surprisingly shook and a small flash came from the inside.

"Did that work?" I asked while slowly walking closer towards the cabinet.

"I'm not quite sure." Draco furrows his eyebrows as he tilts his head and stares at the cabinet. I don't hesitate to walk closer towards the cabinet, I reach out my hand carefully to open the door. My hand quickly jumps back when I hear Draco shout "no!" I flick my head towards him as he shuffles forwards. "I don't know what I did to it, it could be dangerous."

"And will it kill me?" I joke.

"No... but that's not the point." Draco pauses as he watches me carefully. "You need to stop using that as an excuse."

"Mhm..." I turn back to the cabinet as I place my hand onto the handle, ignoring Draco's comments. I turn my head back to Draco as a smirk appears across my face. "See nothing bad happened. Stop over thinking." I mock. Draco crosses his arms as his face turns grumpy. I can't help but let out a tiny laugh as I check inside the cabinet. Nothing changed. "Maybe try again?" I suggest while walking back beside him.

"I suppose." Draco grumpily replies.

I laugh quietly. "Don't be in a grump and get on with it."

Draco takes his wand out and faces it towards the cabinet. He takes a deep breath as he whispers. "Harmonia Nectere Passus." Automatically, a gust of  cold wind  and a bright light flows between us. My hair sways back as I notice Draco shiver as the wind dies down. "Uhh did that work?" Draco questions me like I know.

I shrug my shoulders as I approach the cabinet. Everything seemed to be intact from the bottom to the top. "I'm not sure... we should test it." I suggest. Draco nods as he places a small white feathered bird into the cabinet before shutting the door quickly. I stand beside him, twisting my bracelet around my wrist. "Now what!" I furrow my eyebrows as I confused expression spread around my face.

Draco shrugged as he re-opened the door. "It's gone." He mumbled.

"What?"

"The bird- it's gone..." Draco announces.

A smile spreads across my face as I stare at the cabinet. "Is that a good thing?" I ask glumly. "is it dead?"

Draco raised his eyebrows as he turns to me. "No, no... I think it worked."

I look around the room of requirements as I feel someone is watching near by. My head turns left to right, right to left several times until I relies no one is around. "Ok, so... we got one task done..." My voice lowers. "Time for task two." I feel my chest drop as I look over to Draco. His eyes were full of dread and self pity.

"Cant we wait?" Draco huffs narrowly. "We don't need to tell them straight away, do we? can't we have a break." Draco sits down onto the dusty sofa as he rests his head on the back of the chair, his chin pointing towards the tall, ongoing ceiling.

A small smile spreads across my face as I sit down next to him. I place my hand onto of his as we both stay quiet. Many thoughts rushed through my head but as much as tried to figure out the next task, Draco continued to pop into my head. A warm feeling filled me every time I thought of him, something words can't describe. I feel Draco rub my hand soothly as time passes.

"It doesn't seem that long ago that I joined Hogwarts." I say while looking up to the ceiling.

Draco chuckles, "Ahh, yes. When you fell face first onto the train." Draco continues to chuckle as he repeats the memory in his head.

"You're never going to forget about that are you?" I question while already knowing the answer.

Draco shakes his head and he quickly replies with. "Nope." I let out a small giggle in sync with his. "I'm scared, Lilith." Draco's voice lowers.

I sit up straight as I turn my head towards his, which is still pointing upwards. I watch his eyes twitch between the corners of the ceiling. "It's okay to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave."

Draco let out a groan as he moved his head towards me. "I think its time to owl my parents. Let them know its ready."

I open my eyes widely as I nod my head. I watch Draco write down words onto a small parchment, my eyes followed every word printed along the paper.

Dear, mother and father,

Its ready.

-D.M