T W E N T Y N I N E

Lilith POV

I lost track of when it was night and day. It all seemed to blur together. I guessed I had been stuck here for around four days but it was most likely I was wrong.

My mother was a familiar face that came to check on me most often. She would come around twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night, I guessed the timing.

During the morning she would bring me a small cup of blood. Nothing to be exited over. 2cm high in a small cylinder, it was only to keep my 'alive' but not strong another. During the night she would try talk to me. Most nights, it was the same conversation, she would ask me a question and I would answer with 'no' or rarely 'yes' but half the time would be an awkward silence.

I hadn't seen Draco since I fed on him. It made me laugh to think about it. Did I feel guilty? No, And that's a good thing about no humanity. It's a cheat of life.

I was fairly surprised Draco is still by my side at this point. Considering the things I have done.

As usual small footsteps come down the stairs. I'm resting against the back, brick wall staring directly at the square hole in the door.

I wasn't shocked to see my mother standing there. Her facial expressions were the same every day. Frowned lips and blood shot, glazed eyes. I never spoke first once she arrived I just sat there, staring straight ahead.

"Lilith." My mothers voice was sweet and genuine.

"Mhm" My eyes slowly glide towards her direction.

"How are you?"

I let out a scoff as I try push myself off the wall. "How am I?" I question myself. "Well... I feel amazing." My mother's eyes widen at my words. "It feels amazing to have your humanity off and not care. You know what it's like... don't you?" I inquired. Her mouth drops open as she furrows her eyebrows.

I remembered an old story my mother told me not so long ago. The time she flipped her switch. It wasn't long after her mother died. Elizabeth Forbes. I never got to meet her but I was told she was a brave, heart fulled human. According to my mother turning her humanity switch off was a big regret. Not only did she turn hers off she forced her friend to switch his off too. The story always interested me.

"It was a long time ago." My mother claims.

"But you remember as if it was yesterday." I examine my mother. My weak legs struggled to carry the weight of me, I walked closed towards to door and grabbed on tight towards the metal bars helping myself stay stable. I looked at my mother in the corner of my eye, I could see she was hurting. She wanted to me help me. She wanted to 'fix' me.

"I do." She answers honestly. "And do you know why I remember like it's yesterday?"

I don't reply.

"Because that time of my life haunts me. It's the time I risked other people's life's, ruined their family's. Everything you do with your humanity off may feel care free at the time but once the flip is turned back on it all comes rushing back. Every person you kill, you feel their pain, their sorrows. It sticks with you for the rest of your life." My mother explains quickly. "I just don't want you to live with such guilt." She continues while pushing back her tears and wiping underneath her eyes.

"Wow that was..." I pause as I try think of the best word to use. "Mmh... boring." I watch her face drop as her attempt to get my humanity back goes away.  I stare at her up and down as a menacing smile spreads from each check. "I can see why you are here." I submit.