T W E N T Y O N E

Draco POV

There was 1 hour until me and Lilith had to catch the train for Hogwarts, every year I would dread going to school, for reasons that felt important at the time but not so much now. With the task to complete, my mind has been pretty busy most of the time, if my mother is speaking to me I rarely listen, I just nod and smile and say the occasional 'mmh' to make it seem like I am listening.

With having only one hour before school Lilith had been getting owls sent from Luna, talking about her adventures with her father, she hadn't yet gotten back to her as she told me there wasn't anything she could tell her without lying.

Lilith woke up early this morning to go get breakfast with her mother and father, the past few weeks they have been nagging her to have some 'family time' since there will not be much in the next year.

Getting out of bed was a struggle every morning, I forced myself off the pillow and sat upright, I take a deep breath and brushed my hand through my messy hair, I had an hour to do something to keep me occupied.

I looked around my messy bedroom, piles of dirty clothes were set on the floor with old cups placed onto my desk. I let out a sigh as a pushed myself off the bed to stand up and clean my room. Normally, I would make a house elf do it for me but It was a good activity to keep my mind off everything.

Everytime I picked up a peace of clothing from the floor I let out a groan, I folded the top unevenly and placed them away into the dresser. I left the dirty cups on the side, hoping I would remember to take them downstairs when I finally leave my room.

It was a rare occasion I would leave my room willingly, unless it was to eat or Lilith forced me to go on a 'sort' walk, which normally took 2 hours.

I look down at my dark mark and glide my finger over the tattoo. A let out another huff of frustration and anger as my eyes scanned the mark, there wasn't a reason to why I was angry but it seemed to become my most used emotion.

The dark mark is something I would have to live by. Something I couldn't change. Something that ruined mine and Lilith's life.

Many simple tasks made me tired quickly, I rarely got any sleep and mostly stayed awake thinking about the dark lord and the task to come. The house felt lonely without Lilith, more quiet. I didn't like it.

If someone told me a year ago that I would fall in love with a vampire I would have called them completely crazy and laughed at them.

I knew Lilith would be back soon, She also changed recently, her smiles and laughters were sort and forced, she wasn't the same person she was 6 months ago.

I packed my trunk and placed it by the side of the bedroom door, along side Lilith's.

Moments later the door opened slowly and Lilith's head popped out from around the corner.

"You ready?" She asked me calmly.

"No." I didn't lie, i don't think I would ever be ready to go to Hogwarts and start the task.

"C'mon, we have to leave now, otherwise we'll be late."

"Good."

Lilith gave me a forced smile as she opened the door wider, she stepped in as two house elf followed. They walked over to the trunks and started struggling to lift them out the room. I let out a small chuckle as I turned back to Lilith.

Lilith grabbed on tight to my hand as they intwined each other. "Lets go, shall we?"

"Mmh." Lilith gave my arm a little tug as she started heading over to the door, my heart rate got faster as I left my room.