T H I R T Y T H R E E

Some scenes are from the movie and books, written by JK Rowling.

A few moments went by after the owl swooped out of the room. Everything was silent, the only thing you could hear was Draco's breaths getting heavier. I step away from the cabinet as I sit myself down onto the sofa. I study Draco carefully, as his face twitches every new thought he gets.

My eyes close as I imagine a world where me and Draco lived forever. No one getting in the way. No interruptions. Just me and him exploring the world, step by step.

My eyes spring open as I hear the cabinet door creek open, I continue to sit as I lean over towards the left. A raise one eyebrow as I watch someones leg walk out the cabinet, I gasp as I realise this actually worked. We did it. 

A small chuckle comes from the short lady, appearing out the cabinet, who is followed by several others. "Well, well..." she speaks as her head turns towards me, as she walks closer I rise from the seat, standing taller then her. Her heels click as she approaches me. "I didn't think I would ever get to meet you." She reached out her hand waiting me to shake it. I Hesitate as I look over to Draco, his head is bowed low, not making eye contact with a single person in the room. I lift up my hand to shake hers. "Bellatrix Lestrange." She nodes as she shakes my hand.

"Lilith Mik-"

"You're Lilith Mikealson." She interrupts me. "Mhm.. yes, I have heard a lot about you."

My chest feels tight as her name rings a bell in my head. I move my hand a away quickly as she stares at me. "Oh." I say quietly.

"Right, I haven't got all day are you going to go and kill the old man?" Bellatrix speaks louder as the sides of her lips rise up into an evil-like smile. I widen my eyes at Draco as hi tilt my head towards the door, insinuating we leave. "Don't make a fool of yourselves, the dark lord won't be too impressed."

I take a deep breath as I walk towards the wide doors. I knew how the night was going to end but it felt so unreal. I watch Draco as we walk down the long corridors, his hands in his pockets with his head down as though he is ashamed, and I don't blame him. the corridors felt short then usual. My hand rubs against Draco's arm as we approach the stair towards the astronomy tower, his arm was shaking of nerve.

There was quiet chattering from the top of the tower as I stopped to listen upwards but ones I managed to focus the talking stopped and everything was quiet again. Draco takes a step forward infant of me and makes his way up to the top of the astronomy tower, quicker then expected.

Once we get around halfway up the stairs I tap onto Draco's arm. "Hey, don't you think we are going a bit fast up the stairs, we're not in any rush."

Draco turns slights as he looks down on me from the step above. "We need to get it done quick. Then it will be all over, no more tasks."

"You really believe we won't have any more tasks?" I question.

"Yes"

"And what will happen after this task is done?"

Draco shrugs and turns back about and up the stairs in one quick motion. I let out a steady sigh as I walk towards him. His feet slow down on the last corner as he hesitates to walk around it. I peer my head around the corner as I see professor Dumbledore standing beside the railings, looking over at the Hogwarts grounds. I take one more deep breath and one large step around the corner.

Its just like any other death. Why am I so scared this time? I question myself.

Draco followed behind me as his poster stands tall, he takes out his want from his pocket as he shakily points it towards professor Dumbledore. My eyes widen because for a second I thought he was actually about to kill him, right there on the spot.

Professor Dumbledore turns around slowly. "Good evening, Draco... Lilith." He pauses as he looks at us steady. "What brings you here on this fine evening."

"Who else is here?" I question while furrowing my eyebrows. "I heard you talking."

"I've been speaking allowed to myself... I find it extraordinary useful." Professor Dumbledore's long beard flows in the wind along side with his robe. I look over towards Draco who is still holding up his wand, facing the head teacher. Dumbledore continues; "Draco... you're no assassin."

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you!" Draco spits.

"Thats right, you have done things that have shocked me but do you know what shocked me most of all... Lilith." My eyes left Draco as they quickly flew towards professor Dumbledore's direction. "All the things you did with your humanity off, all those little mistakes."

"Don't bring that up against me." I grit my teeth together. I watch Draco's arm raise lower, until his arm his down beside him. "He trusts me!" Draco lifts up his self sleeve, revelling his dark mark. "I was chosen." He shouts. I widen my eyes as I stand awkwardly beside him. By now the tear stains were sicking into his cheeks making a deep pit grow bigger inside my stomach. Draco uses a spell, swiping Dumbledores wand out his hand and onto the wooden floor boards.

There was a noise of a door opening from down below us as all our heads turned to the direction of the entrance, I spun around the bracelet on my wrist as I hopped today would be over and done with.

Draco lifts his wand up ones again. He explains how the death eaters have entered the hog wards grounds; explaining how we fixed the cabinet and why. I watch Draco's arm shake with fear as time passes. I touch his arm as I pull it down softly, his head turns towards me as a confusion look spreads across his face.

"Trust me." I whisper.

Draco nodes as he mouths the word. "Always." A fake smile spreads between my lips as I face towards Dumbledore, I lift up my wand carefully as I see the old mans face drop. Footsteps get louder on the stares as all of us turn our heads towards the entrance, once again.

"Well, look what we have here." Bellatrix mutters, she walks closer to us as she whispers something into Draco ear. I watch Draco's arm raise up with his wand shortly after. "Do it!" She shouts over towards Draco; insinuating we cast the killing spell now.

"He doesn't have the stomach, just like his father." A fellow death eater in the back says.

I turn my head sharply towards their direction. "Would you like to do it?" I pause as a raise my eyebrow. "I mean... you seem to think you're 'better' so do it. Kill. Him." I manipulatory reply. Everyone is watching me as the fellow death eater shakes his head no.

"Go on... now!" Bellatrix shouts louder. "Lilith!"

I take a deep breath as I stare at Dumbledore with wide eyes. His heart beat was all she could hear as he waited for his last breath. I make sure my arm is nice and firm before I open my mouth to speak."Avada Ked"

"No." A stern voice came from behind me. I dropped my arm as I spun around, professor Snape walked out in front. His facial expressions look worried and full of dread.

"Severus." Dumbledore speaks slowly. Everyone is silent as we watch anxiously around the room. "Please." Dumbledore pleaded.

"Avada Kedavra." Snape speaks quickly as I flash of green light hits the old man, causing him to stumble backwards and off the astronomy tower, training thousands of feet downwards towards the hard ground.

Without time to process, I feel a strong grip pull my arm and down the astronomy tower stair case. I hear people shout and scream, i see students running around frantically as I pass them. Draco held my hand tight as we walk out of Hogwarts following the side we didn't chose to be apart of.