N I N E

Lilith POV

It was the early hours of a Sunday morning, I was already washed and dressed and walking outside the slytherin common room. Since Pansy and I have not been on the best of terms lately me and Blaise have become quite good friends.

I struggled to sleep the last couple of days as Pansy's snoring has gotten worse and keep waking me up every hour or two.

I got up to the astronomy tower just as the sun was appearing over Hogwarts, there was a cold winter breeze sending chills down my arms, I wrapped up in my robe and sat down leaning against one of the stone walls.

I was just thinking to myself.

A few moments went by and grey owl with a white patch came rushing towards me. I stood up quickly to my feet almost forgetting where I was, the owl dropped a small envelope in my hands and flew away letting the wind take him.

I noticed the handwriting as soon as I seen it. My fathers. Without hesitation I ripped open the edge of the letter.

"Dear, Lilith,

Your mother and I think it's best you stay at Hogwarts for Christmas time, we have a few important people we are busy with. Hope you don't mind, love Dad."

I felt a tear escaped down my cheek as I reread the letter over and over again, I had been so exited to go home and finally be able to act like myself. Act like me. Where I don't need to hind who I truly am.

I squished the letter into a small ball before throwing it lightly towards the stairs hoping it would let out some anger. I considered writing back to him but I couldn't think of a way to reply. I leaned my head back on the wall and felt my eyes slowly shut.

~*~

I reopen my eyes hastily from a dreamless sleep, I must have been sleeping for a few hours as the sun has now lifted into the full view in the sky. I get up immediately to the sound of footsteps walking upon the cold rock steps.

My nerves suddenly slowed down when I saw it was just Draco.

Draco leaned against the wall while catching his breath, not noticing I was up here. He brushes his hands through his shiny white hair before looking up to where I stand.

Draco let out a huge gasp at the glimpse of me but tried to cover it up as if he was yawning.

"W-what?" I asked expecting him to say something snarky back.

He hesitated, he opened his mouth as though he had something to say but instantly closed it again.

"Hello?!" I snap at him. "What is it?!"

Draco avoided my glare and try's to change the subject. "What the hell are you doing up here?"

I didn't expect his tone to be so defensive. "Answer my question, Malfoy. What is it? Why did you gasp?" I didn't notice I started walking towards him.

"I- I-" Draco seemed to be scared, his hands were shaking and he was struggling to get his words out.

"What is it, Malfoy."

"I found a book." He blurted out, he then hesitated before continuing. "Called 'The Mikaelson Family'"

My eyes widened, for a moment I felt that time stood still, I could feel my legs slowly getting weaker as if they were about to give way. Did I hear him correctly? That book has been missing for years, I only ever seen it once but my father never let me look inside it, apparently it had dark secrets about our family. I steady my breathing and try to stay calm. I was looking down at the floor until I heard footsteps walk slowly towards me.

"Is it true then?" He paused. "What it says in the book."

I wasn't certain on what it exactly said in the books but by his expressions I think I already knew.

"T-that depends, what does it say?"

"The original family, and their daughter." He took a deep breath and paused. "You. Lilith Mikaelson." The fear in his eyes faded as confidence filled them. "The hybrid daughter. Is that you?"

I didn't reply. Instead I let my emotions take control, tears started rushing down my cheeks, my breathing got heavier. "Yes." I replied in a soft voice, biting down on my bottom lip.

Draco's eyes widened his gaze frozen on me, he followed every movement I made. His hands shaking uncontrollably.

Brushing my tears away of my cheek, I tried to speak out my sentence "I- I wouldn't hurt anyone."  Draco's eyes left me and no longer filled with confidence but with fear. "Please. Trust me." I continued.

His eyes moved back to me and made eye contact. He shock his head slowly. "You're a- a-" his voice slowly disappeared as he slowly walked backwards making his way to the exit of the autonomy tower.

"Please. Don't tell any-" and before I could finish he was gone.

My back hit the wall as I slowly slid down it letting the tears pour out. Instant regret overfilled my body hoping this was just a bad dream. Everything seemed to happen so quickly. I didn't have time to explain myself.

Moments had past and my eyes were squeezed shut until I heard a curious voice call out from the staircase.

"W-whats it like?"

I look up slowly trying to look through my blurry vision I see Draco malfoy standing there once again but this time his eyes were red as though he had been crying. "I'm not afraid of you, Mikaelson." He started to walk over slowly. "I just want to talk." He said in a calmed voice.

He sat down beside me but shuffled away quickly as though he was scared I would hurt him.

"So, what's it like to be a hybrid?" He asked in a calm, confident way.

"I- I'm sorry." I took a deep breath. "You were not meant to find out..." I turn my head to face draco, he gave me a confused look and a forced smile. I locked eyes with him, I took another deep breath before continuing. "Forget the book, forget about me and what I am. Now leave."

Hoping that the compulsion worked I started at Malfoy's reaction, he instantly got up and swiftly walked out the room like nothing had happened. I stared at the empty door way processing everything. My breathing steadied and my vision slowly came back.

Everything was fine. It was going to be okay. At least that's what I kept telling myself...