Chapter 4

Kiyotaka POV
    The next school day was pretty boring, but after school was different. Once classes were done Sakayanagi immediately stop up and slammed her cane on the ground, drawing the attention of the whole class.

    An intense silence filled the room only broken by the tapping of her cane. She arrived at her destination of the podium and called out.

“Kiyo-kun, please come to the front of the room,” she said politely

“Alright” people were confused with the way she addressed me and why this was even occurring in the first place.

“First I would like to point out that this school is far from ordinary” Sakayanagi said “100,000 points per student? Free items at a convenience store on top of this? The hierarchy between classes? Judging students based on their merit? I’m sure all of you have noticed at least a few of these signs by now”

Shock filled the room as my classmates tried to fill the pieces of the puzzle. Though two men remained visibly unfazed.

“You’re talking about how our points will likely change next month based on how we act?” said my bald classmate, Katsuragi

“That’s right, but not just that. I predict a class competition will come.”

“And how do you know this?” asked one of our classmates

“I was certain about the points aspect after sensei’s speech yesterday, the class hierarchy was also plainly shown by how our upperclassmen act with each other and us… just to be certain I interrogated some of the upperclassmen. They were tight-lipped, but I still got plenty of information anyway.”

Katsuragi nodded along with this, showing he had already deduced this himself.

“I think the first move we should make is to nominate a leader for class,” she said clearly implying that she planned to take that position
“So, any nominations?” Sakayanagi asked though she wasn’t asking for nominations, she was asking if anyone was willing to stand against her.

“Yes,” the bald man announced as he stood up. He was unfazed by the tense atmosphere and stood up to Sakayanagi’s challenge without fear
“I believe myself to be a worthy candidate, I presume you’re nominating yourself as well?”

“Yes, though not just myself. Kiyo-kun and I will rule this class together.”

“You should not bring your personal feelings into play Sakayanagi, I don’t mean any disrespect towards Ayanokoji, but he does not seem suited towards the role of leader.”

“That’s just because you haven’t known him as long as I have” Sakayanagi smirked as she replied “He may have poor communication skills, but he managed to deduce more on the matter that I spoke of than I have” Sakayanagi didn’t back down as she returned a fierce gaze

“I see, you certainly seem like you’re speaking the truth. Let us give our classmates a chance to collect their thoughts, and decide on who to support”

“You’re right, those who wish to support either group can approach one of us whenever you feel like it”

    After this statement, the class dispersed. Sakayanagi came off as an aggressive and smart woman who could face any challenge without fear and teamed up with a silent genius.

    Katsuragi was a reserved gentleman who treated everyone equally, his intelligence rivaled Sakayanagi’s.
“Let’s go, Kiyo-kun” Sakayanagi and I walked off. Soon after we were approached by a lot of our classmates.

    Kito Hayato, Hashimoto Masayoshi, Yano Koharu, Nishi Haruka, Sawada Yasumi all approached us after class. We went to a karaoke room to discuss matters of our class.