Chapter 9

(A/N) Right now Kiyoko’s timeline is 1 day ahead of Kiyopons because plot and stuff

Kiyotaka POV

    After a restless night, I changed into my school uniform and read a book in my room. I left for my usual training however about 15 minutes into it I sensed another presence other than Kito, upon looking through the area I realized Arisu was casually watching us while drinking coffee.

    Kito asked me if I would need their assistance after school today, I told him I would know by lunchtime. We parted ways and I met up with Arisu. We started walking and I let her know the misunderstanding that Ichinose ran into last night.

“I don’t really see the harm in letting it be, besides I'm sure we will be playing like that soon anyways”

    After hearing those words my heart skipped a beat or two. However, I had to draw the line here. If Kiyoko heard about that I would certainly be toast.

“Arisu, I don't want rumors about stuff like that going around, you understand right?”

“Kiyotaka, I’ll go along with it, for now. However, I won’t let your little sister stand in the way of our relationship, ok?”

    I certainly don't think she was being unreasonable. If I constantly was in fear of setting Kiyoko off our relationship wouldn’t progress any further. The problem with going out with someone as smart as her is that she can see through me easily. Though I don't mind this, hiding stuff from your lover never works out in the end anyway.

    Our walk to school was peaceful, while we were walking we ran into Kiyoko who was thoroughly teased. During that teasing, though I managed to secure a home-cooked meal from Arisu, so it worked out in the end.

    Kiyoko needed 30,000 points, so I just gave it to her. There was no use in denying her that. After the teasing, she stormed off, it seems like I will need to talk to her today or tomorrow.

Our chats are lovely, we talk about music, books, philosophy, and much more. However, something out of character happened. She blushed and looked at the ground and asked

“Kiyotaka, you have been going along with everything I say recently. Are you going out with me because you like me? Or are you continuing to just go with the flow?” she sounded genuinely concerned, I decided to eliminate these worried thoughts right away.

“I go along with whatever you say because I like you”

    She responded by chuckling, grinning, and saying “I knew it”. It was both very cute and concerning that she was this confident. Though I can hardly complain, it is part of her charm.

    When walking through the school building I saw Ichinose, who got flustered and looked away upon seeing me.

    During homeroom, we were warned about the upcoming midterms, anyone who gets below ½ of the average score is failed and has to drop out of the school. At first, this concerned the students but upon seeing the scores from a quiz we took recently we saw no one was close to getting a failing grade.

    The two best grades were Arisu and me, I had a 100% and Arisu had a 98%. The two worst grades were Totsuka Yahiko and Shimuzu Naoki. Yahiko had 68% and Shimuzu had 70%.

    More study sessions were set up just in case, however, it looked like we were going to make it through this with ease.

    This also gave Mine and Arisu’s faction some good publicity. Both of us had the highest scores which helped us to convince our classmates we were superior to Katsuragi intelligence-wise.