Chapter 10

Kiyotaka POV

    The weak long cruise started 7 days ago, Arisu can’t go onto the island they prepared for us due to the fact that the terrain is too rough for her. That was pretty fishy due to the fact that it was supposed to be a resort, but whatever.

    Soon an announcement came that said “everyone, please go to the deck to observe the significant scenery”

    After that announcement, everyone went to the deck, I looked around to see that everyone was observing the island and talking about how cool it was that we that whole place to ourselves.

    Katsuragi was different from everyone else though. He was silently staring at the island with a perplexed look on his face and occasionally said something to Machida who was with him. I also stopped looking around and started observing the island.

    It was surprisingly desolate for what was supposed to be a resort. We were going a bit faster than we normally would while we circled the island. As we reached the sea I got a text message from Arisu that said, “good luck”.

    There was another announcement that told us to change into our jerseys, bring our phones with us, and nothing else, then head to the deck of the ship. After doing so I found a staircase leading off the boat and onto the beach, while we went down the staircase there were two teachers on each side that were collecting our phones.

    When we arrived at the beach we grouped up according to our classes when our teachers announced the true point of coming to this island.

    We were having a ‘special exam’ in which we have to secure locations on the island, chose and guessed leaders, managed team points, interpreted rules, and cooperated with our classmates in order to defeat the other classes.

    After each class obtained a rulebook we were sent off, immediately all of our classmates approached the members of their representative’s faction leader awaiting instructions. This was surely noticed by other classes, the greatest weakness of our class.

    I approached Katsuragi, I decided that ‘working together’ with him would be the best course of action, I decided I would bring victory for our class during this exam. If I did something such as giving him leadership during this exam and watched him fail it would gain nothing, the members of Katsuragi’s faction would question me for sabotage and we would lose many class points, I could just go back to the boat and spend the rest of the trip with Arisu, however, that would make me appear lazy and would create a bad image of me with the members of Katsuragi faction that I want to win over.

“Katsuragi, the best course of action is obviously to get a base camp immediately, does the cave sound good?” I asked

“That is exactly what I was thinking, lets go”

    Our classmates were dumbfounded, both at the fact that we were working together, and we both saw through this exam before it even started and agreed on the correct course of action.

    Unlike Arisu, I have no intentions of completely destroying the classmates who oppose me, doing such things brings resentment, and makes them unreliable for future exams. Katsuragi acts solely for the sake of Class A’s future, if I can show him I am superior to him and win over his support, then his talents will be secured as my own.

    We went to the big cave which we noticed during the boat ride, we decided that our leader would be Shimuzu Naoki, she leaned slightly towards my faction and had strong physical abilities, however, she was fairly indifferent and didn’t take sides during debates she had with her friends.

    Nishi, Hashimoto, and Machida were the ones who would accompany them when securing spots. We walked aways a little to discuss this, though no one was in listening distance, nevertheless, we were being followed.