You Don't Deserve To Be Shit On

When Pete and Ryan dropped Tyler off at his house, he was instantly bombarded with screaming. 

"Where the fuck have you been? Do you know what fucking time it is young man? Do you have any idea the kind of stress you put us through?" His father yelled.

"I'm sorry, I left a note taped to my door telling you everything, sir. I was just out with Pete and Ryan at the mall. I'm sorry."

"Oh shut up! How are we supposed to believe you? You always fucking do this Tyler! I'm sick of this shit, kid. You have to ask us from now on. You can't fucking step foot outside of this house without asking me or your mother, you hear me?"

"That's so unfair! I'm 18, I can leave whenever I want! I'm an adult, I only have one year left of school, sir." Tyler fought back. He knew that was a bad idea but this is just ridiculous!

"Oh you think you're an adult? Son, you're a fucking child. You know nothing about adulthood! You're so fucking incompetent, you have no idea what adulthood means!"

"I know what it means dad-" Tyler shouldn't have called him that. He was only allowed to call him sir. Or else he got hit, and that was the case. His dad threw a punch at the boys face, causing Tyler's nose to bleed.

"You don't fucking call me that. I'm sir, or you call me nothing at all. You fucking disgrace." His dad went to walk away but Tyler stopped him.

"Why do you fucking care? You fucking power-hungry psychopath!"

His dad turned back around and walked closer to the boy, his face just inches away. "What the fuck did you just say to me?"

"I said you're power-hungry psychopath." Tyler repeated. 

Which, of course, caused him to get hit again. Fists were flying, blood was dripping, legs were kicking, it was a mess. Ten minutes go by and Tyler's laying on the ground, his eyes are closed shut, hand over his chest, barely breathing. Everything hurt so much he didn't even feel his broken and bleeding nose. It took the boy a second to gather himself and stand up. He walked up the stairs to his room and grabbed his already packed backpack. Tyler said the next time this happens he's running away, and that's what he's doing. He quickly wrote a letter for his younger siblings, crying heavily. He slipped the letters under their doors and quietly walked out the front door, never looking back.

✴✴✴✴✴

Tyler didn't show up to school the next day, which made his friends panic. Tyler never ditched school without his friends or at least telling them. His friends called his phone too many times to count, leaving voice messages and texts just asking if he's okay. He's only done this once before and that didn't end well.

Tyler is currently sitting on a park bench, he didn't know where to go so he saw the closest bench and stayed there all night. It hurts to do anything so he didn't even sleep.

"You look terrible." Some guy said sitting next to the boy.

Tyler chuckled. "Thank you."

"Shit, Tyler is that you?"

This made the boy look up. "Oh shit, Brendon? What the fuck? Why aren't you in school?"

"I'm ditching. Are you okay, what the fuck happened?"

"It's uh, it's a long story." Tyler inhaled, causing a pain in his ribs.

"I think you have a broken nose dude, do you want me to take you to the hospital?"

"I think I have a lot more than a broken nose." He laughed to himself, causing more pain from his ribs. "No, I'm okay. Thank you though." He lightly smiled at the younger boy and looked back at his feet.

"Okay, but I wont leave you here. I'll sit here with you until you're ready to go get help."

"I'm okay Brendon, don't worry about me."

"Tyler, you look like shit. I can only guarantee you were just beat the fuck up. Of course I'm gonna worry about you."

Tyler stayed silent, nodding at the other boy. It didn't really click to Tyler that he was sitting next to one of the most popular guys in school, but when it rendered, his head shot up. "Hey, are you gay?" Tyler asked without thinking.

"Uh, what?" Brendon laughed uncomfortably.

"Oh, shit, no. Not for me. I have a friend, and he likes you a lot. Literally doesn't shut up about you. And he'd freak out if he knew I talked to you and didn't ask you about it."

"Are you talking about Ryan?"

"You know about his crush?" Tyler asked back.

"Ty, everyone does. I think it's cute, I think he's cute. And yeah, I guess I am gay. But, I can't act on it. My parents would kill me, I'd lose the popularity at school, and I kinda have a girlfriend so everything would just backfire on me."

"Being popular is more important to you than being happy?"

"It's more than that. My dad's homophobic, my mom is too. It's just a difficult situation."

"My dad's the one that did this." Tyler blurted.

"Wha-"

"Not because he knows I'm gay, he doesn't. But because I called him a power-hungry psychopath. I don't really think it matters what our parents think. If it did, we'd be just like them."

"I see what you mean, Ty. I just don't think I could come out to them."

"I get it. You don't have to. But think about this. If they're already shitting on you everyday, why not give them an actual reason to? And if they do shit on you, they're just dicks. You're a good person, you don't deserve to be shit on."