Cherries On Top

It's been one week since Josh and Tyler started dating and everything has been great. Tyler completely got caught up with all his classes, he's been more talkative with his siblings, and he sees his friends way more often. Josh has been able to grade more student papers and make more and more work sheets for the students. He's been more interactive with the teachers and made friends with the staff at the school. He talks to his family everyday, whether it was texting or calling, they're always talking. He has been hanging out with Debby more and more, and she and Tyler even met. He really liked her, she was very nice and treated him like he were Josh. Josh and Tyler dating has been great for them both and everyone involved in their lives. They're great for each other, they work hard for the other. Tyler is finally, truly happy and Josh just seems to enjoy life even more.

Tyler is in the treehouse with his friends smoking it up while Josh was at his mother's house. Josh had been gone for a few hours and Tyler got bored so he called his friends over.

"You all owe me 50 bucks that's all I'm saying!" Mikey laughed.

"Nay, nay, nay, I say. You didn't officially place the bet so it doesn't count!" Pete retorted.

"It counts! I said I bet $50 they get together before we graduate and here we are!"

"Nooooope! It doesn't count. Me and Ryan didn't agree, doesn't count."

"Oh you just don't want to make me $100 richer!" Mikey laughed, rolling a blunt.

"That's exactly it, Mike."

Mikey rolled his eyes and passed the blunt over to Tyler.

"You guys really placed a bet on me and Josh?" Tyler laughed, hitting the blunt and passing it along. Tyler got a collective, "Yup!" from his friend which made him chuckle.

"Ha! You guys literally just admitted it was a bet!" Mikey yelled.

"Fuck! God damn Tyler." Pete laughed pulling out his wallet.

Ryan also pulled out his wallet and gave Mikey his $50 after Pete. All four boys laughed and continued on with their conversation.

Tyler had left his phone inside the house so he didn't hear his phone ring when Josh called him almost 10 times. He didn't feel his phone vibrate when Josh texted him almost 20 times. He didn't hear the 12 voice messages.

After two more hours, Tyler's friends left, leaving Tyler and Jim alone in the house. The boy finally decided to check his phone and saw Josh trying to get a hold of him. He wasted no time and called the man instantly. The other end rang four times before it was answered.

"Tyler?" Josh asked.

"Hi, what's going on Josh? Is everything okay?"

"Um, no? Did you not read my texts?"

"I'm sorry, Pete and the guys came over and I left my phone inside. They just left and I saw you blew up my phone so I didn't want to waste time and I figured I'd just call you. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I won't be home tonight." Josh said in a monotone.

"Oh, uh, okay. Why?"

"My dad Ty. Somebody hit his car while he was driving and now he's in the hospital. It's really bad."

Tyler's jaw dropped. "Oh Joshie, what hospital?"

"It's the same one you were at Ty. I gotta go."

"Oh, okay-" Tyler was interrupted by Josh hanging up. The boy was shocked at the Josh's behavior but he didn't do anything about it. Instead, he texted Pete.