You Make My Heart Beat

✴✴✴(two months later)✴✴✴

Tyler was sound asleep in bed as Josh was making him a birthday breakfast down in the kitchen. Josh didn't have much planned today, he's having Pete, Ryan and Mikey come over later in the day so they can have a massive smoke fest in the treehouse (and Josh was even thinking about joining them) but besides that, he had nothing. Tyler said he didn't want anything big for his birthday, so Josh just planned a nice breakfast, smoking session with friends and napping all day.

Josh knew Tyler would be okay with it, he said countless times he didn't want to go out and do things. He liked keeping them small, and Josh doesn't want to go against Tyler's wishes.

Josh just finished making the last waffle ('cause they are superior) and he piled all food on one big plate, making a smiley face with the fruit, waffles and bacon. He poured a glass of chocolate milk, as it's Tyler's favorite drink, and walked up the stairs.

Josh smiled to himself as he lightly kicked open the door. "Happy birthday to you," Josh sang embarrassingly loud. "Happy birthday to you, happy biiiirtbday dear mygorgeousbabyboy, happy birthday to youuuuuuu." Josh woke up the sleeping (not so) boy.

Tyler turned to his goofy boyfriend and rubbed his eyes. He flashed Josh a toothy smile. "Aw, thank you baby." He said sitting up.

Josh handed Tyler the plate of food and set the drink on the side table. "I hope you like it." Josh said, returning the smile.

Tyler picked up a piece of bacon and bit off a chunk of it. "I love it baby, thank you." He said.

Josh took a waffle off Tyler's plate and took a bite, nodding to himself. "Once again, I've outdone myself." He joked with a mouthful of food.

Tyler giggled and took the waffle back, taking a bit of it. He looked at Josh with an impressed face. "Wow, you really did outdo yourself." He agreed with a mouth full of food.

Tyler doesn't like syrup on his waffles. He likes them plain, with butter and cinnamon and sugar. So of course, Josh didn't add the syrup, although it's one of the only ways he eats all other breakfast foods. Besides cereal, of course.

"So, once you're done eating, we're just gonna lay down and watch cheesy romcoms from the early 2000's. Around 2 to 3, Pete and the guys are coming over. You're gonna have a fat smoke sesh, is that what you guys say?" He laughed. "Then around 6 they're gonna head out and we're gonna take a nice bath together and then lay in bed till we fall asleep. How does that sound?"

Tyler smiled widely as he picked up some blueberries from the plate and popped them in his mouth. "That sounds like my ideal day. Thank you for not making today a big deal."

Josh kissed his boyfriend, tasting the sweet breakfast on his lips. "Don't thank me sweetheart, I just wanted to make you happy. And as much as I like doing things, I know you don't."

Tyler smiled and ate more of the food. He really was lucky to be with Josh, and vis versa. They looked out for each other, they cared and loved one another. They were good, they were healthy and very happy. Tyler felt safe, he felt at home with Josh. Josh felt proud, he felt like he were on top of the world Tyler.

"Soooo?" Pete asked, nudging Josh.

Josh rolled his eyes and chuckled at Tyler's friend. "Fine!" He said dramatically as he took the blunt from Pete and placed it in between his lips, sucking in the smoke.

Tyler and his friends cheered on the older man, encouraging him. Josh took away the blunt from his mouth and blew out half the smoke before inhaling it again and exhaled through his nose. Tyler looked at his boyfriend in shock.

"I've smoked before baby boy." He said, passing the blunt to Ryan.

"No fucking way!" Mikey said in awe. "That took me so long to perfect! Josh my man!" He geeked.

Tyler's mouth was still ajar as Josh laughed at Mikey. "Don't look so shocked, just cause I was smart doesn't mean I didn't have my stress relief in high school." The man said to his boyfriend.

"Okay but can you do O's?" Ryan asked, passing the blunt to Tyler.

"O's?" Josh asked as Tyler sucked smoke from the blunt and passed it to the man.

"Mhm," Ryan nodded. "When you blow out little circles of smoke!" He said.

"Hm, let me see." The man said, taking a big drag. He made an 'o' shape with his mouth and flicked his cheek as he blew out perfectly different sized circles of smoke.

Tyler's jaw completely dropped and he stole the blunt from the man. "Stop impressing my friends." He said.

"Holy shit! I've never been able to do that!" Ryan cheesed. Josh giggled at the happy boys. "Tyler you're just jealous we like your boyfriend more than you." Ryan teased his friend.

Tyler fake gasped and put his hand on his chest making a 'you did not just fucking say that' face. "Rude!" He said.

The five guys spent the next few hours smoking blunt after bong, joint after blunt and bowl after joint. It was finally time for the other boys to head home and Tyler gave them all a big hug.

"Happy birthday shithead, I love you." Pete said, hugging his best friend before he walked to his car.

"I love all you shitheads." Tyler yelled to his friends, stealing Pete's word.

He waved to his friends as they waved back, driving away. Tyler was a smiling mess as he walked back inside and played with Jim for a few moments. He was on the ground in a laughing fit as the dog licked his face. Josh walked down the stairs and smiled at his boyfriend.

"The baths ready." He said in admiration of Tyler.

The boy patted Jim one last time before standing up and walking over to Josh. "Let's get it." He said smiling.

Josh took Tyler's hand in his, and pulled the very high boy upstairs. They walked to the bathroom and closed the door. Music was playing faintly as Tyler noticed all the effort Josh went through. The tub was surrounded by lit candles while the bubbles were almost overflowing. Rose petals sat atop the bubbles and scattered over the floor. The lights were close to off as the main source of light were the candles.

"Oh my God." Tyler said, his swelling up.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Josh asked worried.

Tyler looked at his boyfriend with love in his eyes as tears trickled down his face. "I'm just stupid high. You did nothing wrong, Joshie." He said hugging the man.

Josh smiled lightly and hugged the boy back, pulling him closely. "So I did a good job?" He asked innocently.

"You went above and beyond, like always. Thank you so much, lovie."

Josh kissed the top of Tyler's head and flashed him a toothy smile. "You're very welcome my love. But, the waters getting colder so get nakey." He joked.

Tyler laughed and pulled his shirt off, tossing it on the floor. Josh joined him and they both stripped naked before climbing into the tub. Josh lied, the water was boiling hot.

"Ah!" Tyler gasped as he sat in front of Josh.

The older laughed and pulled Tyler to sit in between his legs. Tyler rested his back against Josh and wrapped the man's arms around him. The two basked in their love for each other, not wanting this moment to end.

They sat this way for what only felt like minutes, but was actually two hours. The water finally started getting cold, the bubbles were going away and Josh's phone was close to dying. Josh was about to get out when he realized Tyler was asleep. A smile crept on the mans face and kissed the side of Tyler's head.

"I fucking love you so much, Tyler." Josh whisper to his sleeping boyfriend. "You have no idea what you mean to me." He said leaning his head back and closing his eyes. "You're the light of my life. You give me so many reasons to wake up in the morning, you fucking make life worth living, baby boy. You make my life so bright and hopeful. Fuck, saying I love you doesn't even compare to what I actually feel for you. In this moment, and in every moment your in my arms and even when you're in my vicinity; you make my heart beat, Tyler. You complete me."