Why Is It So Dark In Here?

✴✴✴(two weeks later)✴✴✴

Tyler and Josh celebrated their 7 month anniversary with making chocolate covered strawberries and a movie marathon. They've been so caught up in their relationship, it's been three weeks since Tyler talked to any of his friends. The last time he even saw was them was his birthday, which was a month ago.

Pete was sitting on the bed with Ryan and Mikey. They've been passing around bongs and talking shit about their absent friend for hours.

"I just don't get it." Pete said.

"Seriously. I know we should be happy for him and Josh but I hate this. I miss him." Ryan blew out a cloud of smoke and sighed. "Like fuck, I still hung out with you guys with Brendon."

"Where even is he? I haven't seen him in a while." Mikey asked, taking the bong from Ryan.

"He's been at his grandma's house. He's coming back in a few days."

"Damn. Have you guys been able to talk at all?" Pete asked.

"Not really, his grandma isn't too keen on phones." Ryan joked.

"Boring." Mikey said.

"Yep."

The three boys were at the mall later that week. They went directly to their favorite store, Hot Topic, where they spent most of their time. Pete was looking for hair dye, it's been a while since he had red in his hair and he wanted to go back. Ryan was looking at the band tee's and Mikey was looking through the vinyls.

They all got what they wanted and checked out. Walking out of the store they went to another one of their favorites, Spencer's. Mainly to look at dudes and laugh at the younger kids pulling their Christian parents along.

"Why is it so dark in here?" They heard a mom ask.

"Why does everyone look so sad?" Another mom asked.

The boys laughed and looked through the tee's, trying to find one they liked.

"Oh, look at this one!" Ryan cheered holding a Pierce The Veil shirt.

"Okay, but look at this one?" Pete laughed, holding up a Black Veil Brides shirt.

They all laughed at the nonfunny joke and decided to buy the shirts. After they checked out and walked out the store, Pete bumped into someone.

"Oh fuck sorry." The guy said.

"Tyler?" Pete asked.

Tyler's head jolted up and looked at his friend. "Oh fuck, hey guys! How's it hanging?" He smiled.

"Um, good. How are you?" Pete asked with a monotone voice.

"Oh, I'm alright, just shopping for Josh. Did you guys go to Hot Topic yet?"

They held up the bags and nodded. "Yup. First store we went to." Pete said.

"Oh, I see you went to Spencer's, how many moms complained this time?" Tyler joked.

"About five. Listen we gotta to, Ryan's having a welcome home party for Brendon." Pete said trying to leave.

Tyler looked at Ryan with a confused look. "A welcome home party? Why was I not invited?" He asked with hurt in his voice.

"Didn't know if you would want to." The boy said flatly.

"Why would I not want to go?"

"I don't know Ty, ask Josh." Ryan walked off with Mikey and left Pete to deal with Tyler.

The boy's mouth was open ajar and was about to speak but Pete stopped him. "Look Ty, you can't just not talk to us for more than a month and expect us to be all "buddy buddy" when you decide to show up."

"What? Has it really been a month?"

"Yeah, it has been. You've been so preoccupied with Josh you didn't even realize the last time we saw each other. I get it, you have a relationship but you still have a friendship with three other people. It's fucked up, Ty."

The boy stood in shame and embarrassment. "I'm sorry Pete. I don't want to give you excuses so I'll just leave it as I'm sorry."

"I forgive you, you know I could never be mad at you for too long. But Mikey and Ryan? You know them. You gotta make it up to them, Ty."

Tyler nodded his head. "When's the welcome home party?"

"It's tomorrow. Ryan's house at 12."

✴✴

Tyler told Josh about what happened at the mall and the older man sighed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take you from the guys." He said frowning.

"No, no, you didn't do anything. You have to obligation to them but I do. I have to make it up to them."

"Okay, that wont be too hard. Get them a new bong and just work on an I'm sorry. They're your best friends Ty, they don't hate you and will forgive you eventually."

Tyler nodded and sighed. He rested his head on Josh's shoulder, thinking about what he should do. Then he got an idea.

"Holy fuck." He shot up and ran to their room.

"What?" Josh asked, staying seated.

"I have the perfect idea Josh!" Tyler ran back down the stairs with his laptop in hand. He sat back down and opened up the laptop.

"What is it?" Josh smiled.

Tyler opened his message convertation with Pete and clicked on a link his friend sent him. "Look at this." He beamed.

Josh smiled wider and looked at his boyfriend. "That's perfect, Ty."

"We have to get this, Joshie. We have to buy this." He closed the laptop and stood up. He put on his shoes and his jacket. "C'mon, we gotta go Josh!" He said rushing the older man.

"Right now?" Josh asked, putting on his shoes.

"Yes! The party is tomorrow and I need to do this. We need to do this." He smiled.

Josh nodded and grabbed his keys. "Let's go then." He smiled.

Tyler kissed his boyfriend and opened the door. He ran to the car as Josh locked the door to the house.

"Hurry up!" Tyler whined.

Josh laughed and unlocked the car. Tyler jumped in and buckled up, waiting for his boyfriend. Josh climbed in after and started the car, driving off shortly. 

They pulled into a new driveway and Tyler couldn't be more excited. They exited the car and walked up to the house. Pushing open the door, they walked inside, smelling the freshly cleaned house.

"You must be Mr. and Mr. Joseph."