You're So Golden

✴✴✴(six years later)✴✴✴

"Fuck. I'm sorry Petey." Tyler said over the phone.

"No it's okay! I forget it all the time. I'm on my way but traffic sucks right now. Is everybody there?"

Tyler paused, thinking about their lost friends. He bit his lip to hold back the tears. "Yeah, everyone is here."

"Hey, you alright? I know today's touchy for us..."

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just miss them."

"Me too, Ty." The phone was silent for a few moments. "Listen, I'm gonna get off the phone so I don't get pulled over, alright?" Pete chuckled.

Tyler sniffled and nodded. "Okay, drive safe Pete."

"I will. Love you Ty."

"Love you too."

The call ended and Pete drove the rest of the way in silence. He thought about today, he thought about Frank and Mikey. This group just, can't catch a break.

He pulled up to the big brick building and sighed deeply before stepping out of his car. He walked to the door and opened it.

"Uncle Pete!" Sarah yelled, running at her soon to be uncle.

"Hi baby girl! How's it hangin'?" He giggled, hugging her back.

She giggled her little 5 year old giggle. "My daddy's sad today." She said, whispering in his ear.

Pete fake gasped and put his hand over his heart. "I guess we have to fix that, huh?" He smiled.

Sarah smiled and nodded her head. "Daddy can't be sad today. Today's a happy day!"

"I know kiddo, let's go find him."

He took her ravioli sized hand in his and she led the way. They walked through crowds of people, some Pete knew and some he didn't.

"Pete! How's it hangin'?" Zach said, stepping in front of Sarah.

"Hey kid, what's up?" He pulled the younger into a hug and laughed.

"Do you know what's up with Ty today?" Zach asks.

"Today's um," he looked down at the little girl with soft eyes. "Today's the eighth year anniversary of Uncle Frank."

Zach put his hand of his shocked mouth and his eyes filled to the brim with tears. "Shit." He whispered.

"That's a bad word, Uncle Zach." Sarah scolded.

The mentioned laughed and ruffled the little girls hair. "Hey, I can say bad words silly."

She grunted at her messy hair and tried fixing it. "Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"She has her dad's attitude." Pete laughed. "Speaking of which, do you know where he is?"

"Yeah he's in the back with the other dad." Zach smiled.

Pete nodded and mouthed a thank you as he walked off, his hand still holding Sarah's.

"Why is daddy sad?" Sarah asked. "Who's Uncle Frank?"

Pete looked down at his niece and smiled. "You would've loved Uncle Frank. He unfortunately died before you met your dads."

"Oh." Sarah said. "Will daddy die?"

Pete's eyes widened. "Um, not for a really really long time hun. You don't have to worry about either of your dad's."

"Okay, cool." She said.