My Name's Remington

(A/N: trigger warning for later in the chapter; sexual assault)
-
-
-
-
"Here we go." Tyler cried out to his best friends.

"Hey, we got this." Mikey hugged Tyler, rubbing his back lightly.

Tyler nodded, hugging his friend back. "Thank you for staying with me through out this." The hug broke and he looked at all his friends. "I love you all more than words could describe."

✴✴

"Pete Wentz!" Mrs. Jennings said into the microphone.

The crowd clapped but Tyler, Ryan and Mikey were the loudest. Pete was embarrassed by his friends as he walked up to the stage. He took the paper from the principal as he shook her hand. The boy walked up to the microphone and started talking.

"Man," he laughed. "I have literally no idea what to say. I had no idea I was gonna make it this long but I'm so happy I did. Thank you too all the teachers who helped me and all my friends who encouraged me. You all are angels, I'd be lost with all of you. Thank you!" Pete walked away from the microphone as the crowd cheered, but his three friends shot up and screamed, clapping almost too loudly.

"Alright, alright." Mrs. Jennings laughed. "Next up, Brandon Urie!" She smiled.

Ryan kissed his boyfriend before he walked to the stage where he was handed his paper. He smiled to himself and walked to the microphone. "Even though I have lots of people to thank, I just want to thank one person. Tyler J. Thank you for helping me realize who I truly am. Love ya, buddy." He smiled and Tyler cheered.

"You're welcome!" He yelled back, making the students around him laugh.

Mrs. Jennings called off more and more people, leaving Tyler and his two friends left. "Mr. Ryan Ross!" She said. Tyler cheered loudly and hugged him from the side.

The shy boy walked up to the stage and grabbed the piece of paper from the principal, shaking her hand lightly. He turned to the microphone and smiled. "Unlike Brendon," the boy started. "I don't have many people to thank. I only survived this year because of my best friends. So thank you guys. I love you." He smiled. All three boys yelled as Ryan returned to his seat.

"Mikey Way!" The principal said.

His friends cheered and hugged him quickly. He waltzed up the stage and took the paper from Mrs. Jennings, shaking her hand. "I have no idea how I got here but I'm happy I did. Thank you guys." He laughed as his friends jumped and yelled at him.

"Now, last in line we have Mr. Tyler Joseph!" The woman said.

Josh joined in with his friends cheering, making the boy smile wide. He fast walked to the stage and the paper was placed in his hand. Tyler shook Mrs. Jennings hand and turned to the crowd. He loomed over everybody with the cheesiest smile.

"I had no idea I'd be this happy." He spoke into the mic. "If you told me I'd be standing here when I was 15, I'd laugh in your face. I've faced many hardships and struggles through my life but this year was probably the worst, and somehow the best." The boy took a pause and chuckled. "Have you guys uh, have you ever felt like nobody was there?" He asked the crowd. "Have you ever felt like you could disappear? Like you just should disappear? Like you could fall, and literally no one in a five mile radius would hear you?" The crowd murmured back to the boy so he continued. "When the person who I loved most, the person who got and understood me more than anyone, felt like that, he decided it was all too much for him. I wish he talked to me, everyday I think about how different life would be if he did. But I can't change anything, I can't change what he did or bring him back so we could talk about it. I can only live to make him proud. So, Frank," He looked up to the sky and cried. "This is for you buddy!" He yelled, throwing his fist in the air. The crowd stood up and cheered with the boy. They all threw their hands in the air and cried together. "This is for you." He repeated, whispering to himself.