Chapter 16, Fading Dawn: Teen Nostalgia for the Beginning's End

I hadn't slept so soundly in days. I feel like a sleeping queen, the bed my kingdom and dearest pillow my crown. My sleeping ass wondering in wonderland considerably unusual I have not been kidnapped or murdered.

Of course, nothing lasts forever. Caleb, my bothersome bad boy, tickled me and startled me from my slumber.

He peacefully lay down next to me. He was all styled up in his typical bad boy attire. His alluring Bleu de Chanel cologne stimulates my brain cells.

"Hey, sleeping beauty," he smirked. I stared at him confusingly. I rubbed my fingers around my tired eyes.

"SCHOOL TIME!" he giggles.

"Oh, my fucking shit!" I exclaimed in shock, how the heck did I forget to get up? My phone lock screen shows 8:15 am. 

My clumsy soul forgot to set an alarm. I've got no time for a mental checklist. I rushed into the bathroom with enough time to only brush my teeth and moisturise my skin.

I wore an oversized black hoodie paired with black leggings and my red converse. I tied my hair into a messy bun.

My phone popped with notifications from Bella and missed calls from Liz.

"You are not missing school again?"

"Coming late," I replied.

"hey avoid Justin at @school he's been asking about u, he's kinda acting weird,"

It was a text from Bella I pretended not to notice as I shoved my notebook, Ipad, MacBook and pencil case into my backpack.

It was 8:20 it was too late to pack a lunch box or even a water bottle.

We got in Caleb's SUV Mercedes. Thankfully, the ride was calm with no drama. Caleb parked his car. I scrolled through my photos from my phone to check the Wednesday planner from one of my screenshots.

"Looks like you need some boost for the day," Caleb handed me a can of Nescafe Mocha.

Delighted, "Thanks,"

We had to register our name in the school office for lateness we missed 15 minutes of class.

"And oh crapped Mrs Claire is there," 

"Miss Green," her loud-pitched voice, I wonder what she eats for breakfast 😂.

"G-good morning miss Claire,"

"Miss Green could care to explain those frequent absence and lateness,"

"I--- i was sick,"

"Well, this is your last warning else you'll get a detention and extra classes,"

Caleb's lucky ass escapes Mrs Claire's shoutings.

I rushed to Chemistry Lab. I knocked on the door, "Come in!" a loud voice let out.

I was surprised to see Jackson Archie standing in front of the class as the new chemistry teacher. He was one of Mike's school friends I kinda had a crush on him, and worst he looks much more handsome now. He was wearing a freaking suit that lays out his muscular body.

I quickly shook my thoughts 😳 and walked inside,

"Good Morning Sir, sorry for being late," my voice cracked up nervously.

"Well, everyone, the next time you come fifteen minutes after my class has started, don't you dare step in," he snarled.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING MISS LATENESS," I froze in panic. My anxieties crawled up as pairs of eyes looked at me in amusement. Just by staring at Liz and Bella, I knew they had thousands of questions running through their mind. I had to sit in the front.