Chapter 1, Mischief and Mayhem: The Chaotic Chronicles of Day One

"Azza, Azza, rise and shine!" I mumbled into my pillow, but Liz's persistent voice wouldn't let me linger in dreamland. I let out a tired yawn and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. There she was, standing in all her early-morning glory. Liz rocked those high-waisted black jeans like a style queen, paired with a chic white top and a denim jacket that screamed cool. Her long ashy blonde hair was doing this perfectly messy thing in a double Dutch braid. Teenage mornings—never a dull moment.

The clock on the wall cruelly announced 6:44. "Liz! Seriously, why so early?" I complained, hurling a pillow her way.

Ugh! Mornings and I, we had this eternal feud. Now that the holidays had bid their farewell, it looked like I was in for a daily wrestle with this early wake-up torture.

"No way, girl! Please, tell me you didn't forget it's our very first day back to school," she exclaimed with an over-the-top tone.

Like, who in the world forgets about their first day of school? Seriously, I was a ball of nerves the entire night just stressing over it.

"Ugh, seriously, Liz? It's, like, 6:45 am, and school doesn't even start until 8:30 am," I groaned, wondering why on earth she decided to show up so early.

"I've been totally freaking out," Liz confessed, her voice tinged with nerves.

"Gotcha bestie," I grinned at her, stretching my arms as I rolled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom for my morning routine. Meanwhile, Liz was casually perusing my bookshelves.

I went for a chill makeup vibe, just keeping it simple, and threw my shoulder-length brown hair into a high ponytail. Rocked a floral knee-length dress with some black tights – you know, the usual teenage chic

"Hey Liz, how's the vibe? Am I looking on point?" I questioned with a hopeful smile.

She pulled me into a hug, grinning, "Girl, you look amazing!" A giggle escaped her, "Prepare to turn heads; you're gonna attract some serious attention."

With enthusiasm, I shared with Liz the idea that, thanks to her upgraded wardrobe and style, she might just snag her first boyfriend. Playfully, I dubbed Liz the "hot barbie nerd." Liz blushed but couldn't hold back her laughter, and we both embraced the lighthearted moment with joy.

With some time to spare before leaving for school, Liz and I decided to have a brief morning jam session, a perfect way to de-stress. Our room was filled with our favourite tunes from Spotify, and we couldn't resist turning it into a mini dance party. The lively atmosphere helped us shake off any lingering morning grogginess, and despite Liz's nerdy reputation, every moment with her was far from dull.

We scrolled through our Instagram feeds, but nothing too captivating caught our eye. So, at 7:30 am, we decided to head to the kitchen for breakfast. Omelettes and salads were on the menu – a simple start to the day.

Footsteps neared, and there he was—sporting a sleeveless shirt that showcased his tattooed, muscular arm. Mike had been a part of my family since the age of 2, finding refuge after his parents' accident. At 19, he was not just a family friend; he was my brother. Liz, Mike, and I shared a childhood filled with playful adventures.

"Good morning," I greeted him.

"Hey!" he waved.

"How are you girls doing?" he inquired with a friendly grin.

"We're a bundle of nerves," we replied in unison.

"Is it the jitters of your first day at the new school?" he asked.

Liz and I exchanged nods, silently acknowledging our shared social awkwardness.

"Just chill, girls. Don't stress, everything will be fine," he stated reassuringly, flashing a supportive smile