Chapter 3, Dancing with the Bad Boy: A Kiss Caught Off Guard

Ugh, school? Like, the literal last spot I wanted to hit, especially after swimming through that drama tsunami. I shot my besties a quick text, letting them know I was tapping out for the day, then crashed back into the bliss of sleep.

Strolling down the school hallway, everything seemed eerily transformed, sending shivers down my spine. The creepy guy made another appearance, but this time, something was off. Clad in tattered, blood-stained rags, he clutched a gun. My fingers tightened around a baseball bat, but fear gripped me as he aimed the gun in my direction, and a gunshot pierced through the air, striking me in the chest.

I let out a scream, pain coursing through me. Tears welled up in my eyes, making them swollen, and my palms turned clammy. Sweat poured down my forehead, forming droplets that dripped onto my pillow. My heart raced like it was in the midst of an emergency, and panic seized me. An intense adrenaline rush surged through me, making my chest ache. Yet, there was no blood. It hit me suddenly; it was just another freaking nightmare. Repeating the mantra that it was only a bad dream, I urged myself to calm down as I sank onto my mattress.

My whole being felt like it was frozen in shock, my body rendered powerless and stuck to the bed. After a few deep breaths, I managed to shake off the paralysis, allowing myself to finally relax and crawl out of bed.

The bedroom door burst open, and I practically leaped out of my skin, a startled scream escaping my lips. "Seriously, Mike! Way to give me a heart attack."

"I heard you scream. Is everything okay?" He looked genuinely concerned.

"The creepy dude just won't leave my dreams alone," I sighed. "Relax, Lil sis, everything's cool now. That jerk is locked up behind bars." Mike pulled me into a reassuring hug.

Mike stated ''Mom's on our case about shopping for tonight's mega party at the mayor's crib. Dad's tight with him, so it's kind of a big deal.''

I was totally pumped – hitting the stores is my absolute jam. Fashion? It's an art form, and guess who's the canvas? You.

After grabbing some lunch, I swung by my favourite haunt, Beauty Secret. The dresses? Total eye candy. Picking one? A serious challenge. And then, there it was – a red pageant gown calling my name with its V neck, belt, and all-around vibes. Simple, yet oozing elegance. Without a moment's hesitation, it was in my hands. Slipped it on, and voila, absolute perfection.

Bella and Liz are so in for the party. No chance Bella's skipping out on an epic bash like this.

Group chat:

"Hey babes, you pumped for the party?" I texted in our  group chat.

"Totally, I'm all in!" Bella texted with enthusiasm.

"Hey, not feeling the party vibe, you know I'm not a fan of those, plus I've got to hit the books for my physics test." Liz texted. I had a hunch she wouldn't be up for it. Parties and Liz just don't vibe

"Seriously, Liz, it's gonna rock!" Bella insisted. "Sorry, Bella, but I can't. Don't push me, please," Liz replied. "No worries, Liz. We'll catch up tomorrow," I texted, sensing Liz's reluctance.

Glamming Up:

Dabbed on a touch of concealer and went all out with the glam eye makeup. Rocked a bold matte red lipstick that perfectly synced with my dress. I'm all about using makeup to elevate my natural beauty. Slipped into my dress and curled up my locks. Stepped into a pair of sleek black platform heels. Added the finishing touch with a silver jewellery set – earrings and a heart pendant necklace, a sweet seventeen gift from my dad.

Parental Glam Slam: My parents were rocking some serious style. Mum kept it chill with her flawless winged eyeliner – her signature move. She slayed in a black sequined dress, hitting just below the knees. Her black hair was a side-braided masterpiece with loose curls. Dad went for the black suit vibe – probably a mum-approved choice. Mum spilled the tea on how she had to practically drag Dad into fixing up his hair.