Chapter 11, Teenage Dreams: A Twist on 'Part of Me' by Katy Perry

Azalea:
I was in deep sleep when suddenly I screamed, my heart thumped loudly against my chest, I was sweating. It was just a bad dream, what an awful nightmare. The digital clock showed 10 am.

Suddenly, Justin rushed into the room.

"Azalea are you alright?" Justin asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, just had a bad dream," I replied.

"Are you sure that you're fine?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"Wanna have breakfast with me?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, I'm starving," I said.

"I'll freshen up first."

"Ok, I'll wait for you," he said with a smile.

I hurried to the bathroom with some clothes. I brushed my teeth and took a warm shower. Caleb name popped into my mind I thought about all the fake loving words he told me and tears streamed down my face. I loved him, I wonder why he did that to me.

I wonder if Justin is back for me, it can't be but my feelings for him are not the same as before. I don't want to be hurt anymore, I'll be single for quite a long time until I find the right person.

After I was done bathing, I wore a black hoodie and a pair of black jeans with my red converse. I dried my hair and tied it into a bun.

I went to the kitchen, the smell of scrambled eggs and pancakes hang heavily in the air, I felt my stomach growled, I was hungry.

I joined Justin for breakfast, he served me a plate of scrambled eggs and pancakes. It was yummy.

"Your cooking skills pretty much improved," I told Justin. I remembered he once burnt a freaking pan while making scrambled eggs.

"Yeah... ."

After I was done with breakfast I helped Justin to clean the dishes.
I tried switching on my phone, after several trials, it finally worked.

There were around 10 missed calls and messages on WhatsApp. They were from Bella and Liz.
I thought it was better to call them, they must be so worried about me.

Azalea: Hey Bella, I hope I'm not waking you up.

Bella: Kind of, but I'm so happy that you call, are you alright? Where are you?

Azalea: Relax, I'm fine. I'm at Ju... a friend's house.

Bella: Liz wants to talk to you.

Liz: Are you okay? you've got us worried. We are at Caleb's place come. back we are waiting for you, we need to talk.

Azalea: I'm sorry, seriously I don't want to be there.

Liz: He's not here, and we got to talk about what happened.

Azalea: Alright, I'm coming.

I checked if everything was packed in my backpack and I was about to leave when Justin showed up, "Where are you going?" he asked.

"Somewhere," I replied.

"Can I please know where you are going?" he asked.

"How does it bother you where I'm going?" I was angry.

"Please, don't be mad, I know what I did was wrong, I'm here to make things right," he said.

"Justin I'm not 14 anymore, three years have gone by and excuse me I'm leaving,"

He tried to hug me, "stay away from me." I shouted and left his house in tears having flashbacks when he left me, the pain he caused me. Seriously I don't want to be around him anymore, I don't want to get hurt again.