Chapter 9, Heartbreak High: The Sting of Betrayal

Caleb and I went inside, the party was intense, it was dark with colourful light. The music got louder and louder, the room was filled with teen dancing, making out, some were stumbling and some were laying on the floor, I slightly cringe.

I didn't know the music being played but I enjoyed it, the beat pulsated throughout my body. Caleb pulled me close to him and said: "Tonight will be fun."

We danced like there would be no tomorrow. Zack, Liz, Cole and Bella joined us. Bella came close to me "I love the party, it's so fun." Bella said excitedly.

Suddenly, Zack pulled Liz, and they both kissed, I quickly took out my phone to capture this Kodak moment of my shy nerdy best friend kissing a bad boy. Liz sent me an angry look.

"Chill girl, I just wanted to save this special moment," I defended myself.

"Hey, Azza I need to talk to you for a second," Bella told me.

"Yeah, sure," I replied.

"Umm...Cole asked me if I wanna be his girlfriend," Bella told me.

"What did you told him?" I asked.

"I told him about Nate. He told me that I need to move on and that he can make me happy." Bella was confused.

"He's right Bella, you need to move on, why not giving him chance, and if you don't want to be with him it's completely fine," I told her.

"Umm...I'm so confused, actually I'm not ready, I told him that we could be friends," Bella said.

"Don't worry, B. I'll talk to him." I hugged her.

"Thanks," she said.

"Come on let's go have fun," I told her.

Suddenly, some strong arms pulled me, the beating of my heart sped up.

"Princess Azalea, where were you?"

"Caleb, holy shit you scared me," I told him.

"Cole told me that your friend Bella doesn't like him," Caleb told me.

"It's not that she doesn't like him, she's not ready to love someone since she lost her beloved boyfriend Nate," I told him.

"Umm... I see, I think I should talk to Cole and ask him to give her some time, they could be friends," Caleb said.

"Yeah, I was thinking about the same thing," I said.

"By the way, I forgot to ask you? Did you ever had a boyfriend before?" Caleb asked curiously.

"Umm... why?"

"Just asking," he said.

"Yeah," I told him Suddenly his facial expression turned to a serious one.

"Don't worry, we don't talk anymore," I told him.

"How did you two know each other?" He asked.

"We were neighbours, we didn't contact each other since he left town."

"For how long did you know each other?" He was boring me with questions about the person I don't want to think about anymore.

"We were close friends since we were in diapers, and I thought he loved me but he left me and never even bothered about calling me," I was angry.

Caleb hugged me and whispered, "I'm sorry, I promise you, that I'll always stand by your side." I hugged him back.

"Do you want to drink something?" Caleb asked.

"Umm... yeah something strong." I  want to enjoy the party.

"Beer," he said

"No, VODKA," I said.