Chapter 13, Broken Veneer: Unmasking 'I'm Fine'

I woke up from a heavy slumber, feeling lethargic and unmotivated. I stayed in bed I couldn't find any reasons to get up. I stared at the white ceiling, thinking about last night and the night before fear runs deep into my veins making shiver. "Drake Austin" I whispered How did I trust a maniac, a freak. I clenched my fist. I wish I could erase him from my mind, even Caleb and Justin.
My conscience: Well you can't,
get over it, get over them

Suddenly my thoughts vanish when Sasha threw a pillow at my face.
"Shit, Sasha you've scared me!" I yelled.

"Well you were like a freaking zombie starring at the ceiling, you seem quite stress," She stated.

"Sash, I'm fine."

"Come on, I know you are not okay, I'll listen and you'll talk," She pulled a chair and sat down waiting for me to talk and she was freaking serious.

"Okay fine," I let out a long sigh.

"Remember I've told you about the party at Caleb's house."

"Oh girl, this bad boy is stuck in your mind, he's making you depressed."

"No, something scary happened to me after I've left the party," I didn't want to say more because it was practically my fault to trust this freak.

"Come on Azzy, I want to help you out," she said softly.

I finally told her about Drake Austin.

"What the hell? Drake Austin gosh that's deep girl, how did you trust this gangsta?" she cried.

I felt so stupid and burst into tears. Sasha quickly hugged me. "Don't worry girl, you are safe, you are brave, I swear if he comes near you again, I'll kill him myself!"

"You better never get close to any of these Austin freaks," she warned me.

"Enough sobbing, girl get ready we are going to the gym."

"Ugh... no, I rather spend the whole day in bed."

"Come on girl, a workout will do you good," she said enthusiastically.

"Okay fine."

I brushed my teeth and had a fruit smoothie. I wore an oversized Adidas hoodie and leggings and my converse. I forgot to bring my sports shoes.

We went to a nearby gym. I haven't been to a gym for so long. I did rope skipping some leg press and squat.

I wore my wireless beats headphones and listened to my favourite Deezer workout's playlist; Skillet and Three Days Grace. We did an hour workout with fifteen minutes break.

"My workout schedule isn't regular, my body is already sore," I was out of breath.

"It hurts now but one day it will be your warm-up," Sasha said confidently.

"Girls you are hella right, thanks for helping me out of this mess," I gave her a tight hug.

I don't know why this workout boosts up my adrenaline and kill off my lethargic mind from this messy fog.

"Hey Sash, I think I'm ready to go back home," I said confidently.

"What? why so soon?"

"I've already missed a day of school I just want to ace this year," I replied.

"Honey, you are right,"

We soon head back to Sasha's apartment and I quickly packed my bags.

To be honest my decision was so because I didn't want to be that pathetic little girl who was heartbroken and escaped like a freak. Love has enough break me down but I'ma hella not cry at all anymore.

Magnetic LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara