015 | Crucial Condition

"I dislike hospital's with a passion."

//

Roseanne's P.O.V 

* * * 

I am at a hospital on a Monday. 

A bloody Monday. 

I already dislike hospitals with a passion. The smell of them just makes me want to throw up.

Noah came and picked me up after school and brought me straight to the hospital. 

So yeah, no wondering about ship names for Ace and I today.

Apparently, Brandon has been attacked. The police say it looked like he was getting mugged and refused to give up his wallet. So this person beat him up to get it. 

At first, I was rolling along with that story. But now I can't help but think that something else happened. 

The pictures that my uncle was shown he said it didn't look like a regular mugging. It looked like this person or group knew him and they were angry. 

What did you do, Brandon?

Brandon is currently in a coma. The doctor said he should recover. 

I just can't believe the last thing I said to my brother was nothing but trash. I talked down to him and today he could of been 6 feet under. It's just all a bit much for me. 

My body is so tired of crying, I can't even let anything out. So I just sit here blank faced with my glasses off in a hospital chair. 

Please Jesus let him be alright. 

A few minutes go past and the doctor says I can see him. 

I grab my cane and head to his room. 

I make it to his room without smacking into any walls or doors. 

I can't see him so I just go up to his bed and feel his face. All the tiny cuts make my heart stop. The tears I thought wouldn't come, start to come now. Reality sets in as I rub on his face. 

I pull my hand back as a pain filled sob leaves my mouth. 

Please, Jesus, let him live. Let him come back to me. 

I take my glasses off and wipe away the tears. 

Can I talk to a person that's in a coma?   I'm going to do it. 

"Brandon, it's me, Roseanne. I don't want you to die." I groan at my choice of words but decide to continue. "Noah, Uncle, and you are the only family I have left. Besides Tiffany too. I just want you to know that I love you. I'm sorry for all the harsh things I have said. I didn't mean any of it. I promise, I'll be a better sister if you just wake up." 

"I don't think perfection can get any better." A deep voice says from near the door way of the hospital room. 

I smile a little as the smell of old spice hits my nose. Just the person I didn't know I would love to see right now. 

Ace.