018 | You Didn't Listen

"Game on, pipsqueak." 

//

Ace's P.O.V

* * *

I sigh as I watch her fall asleep. That was close. I could tell by the way Roseanne's face scrunched up slightly before she feel asleep, that she heard me say sorry. But because she is so naive and sleepy, she just let it go. Which I thank God for because I don't think I would even be able to tell her a straight answer. 

I might have even had to just kidnap her and hide her away at my house. 

No, Roseanne wouldn't like that. 

I stroke my fingers across her face.  My little rose

My finger tips run across the small spots under her eyes, where it's all bloodshot red, from her tears of pain and sorrow. 

I grit my teeth as I think about the reason all of this even happened. 

He deserved it. 

I thought in a way that this was going to help her. But it just caused her more pain. 

I don't blame myself though because I didn't do it. I blame the bastard that did it though. I need to talk to him. 

Stupid idiot. Putting me in this bad position. How dare he?

My body freezes as I feel Roseanne move on my lap. I lightly grab her bridal style and get up. Getting up slowly, then putting her back down lightly, so I don't wake her up. 

I walk slowly out of the room, looking back at her every so often, to make sure she stays asleep. 

I look back once more to see her sleeping peacefully. Her chest going up and down slowly. 

I wish I could tell you everything ,beautiful. I really wish I could. 

A grumble of pure angst leaves my body as I walk away from the room. 

I feel like I need a drink.  A strong one.  Maybe some tequila would do. I'll get some later. I don't want to be drinking around Roseanne. 

Doctors stare at me with fear in their eyes as I walk past them. I smirk at the nurse who I told to get out of my way or I would break his legs. Apparently since I was not immediate family I wasn't allowed to be in the hospital room. So I just threatened him and he let me in. He was trying to keep me away from my girl. I can't have that happening. So I did what I do best, threaten people. 

I make it outside of the hospital and hurriedly call up the bastard responsible for my anger. 

"Hey, boss. What did I do to deserve this unexpected call?" The bastard said, clearly trying to mock me. 

He knew I was going to call. 

He knew he messed up.

It feels like he did this on purpose. 

What is he up to?