025 | The New Boy (Pt. 1)

~Author's Note~

I made a Pinterest mood board for the characters for this book. I will be doing it for the other books that I'm working on.

Check it out if you want: Details are in my profile if you want to check it out.

* * *

P.S. I don't care who you imagine for this book. Imagine whatever race you want. But the fact that some people are messaging me saying why are most of my characters black. Like, come on now. We are in 2023. Grow up! I will block you if you get rude. I wanted my books to have some sense of diversity. But there are not only black people in this book. There are Black, Indian, White, and Mexican. I don't want to come off as mean or anything with this message but I'm tired of the dms saying, 'It's offensive to only have black people in your books when you're such a good writer. And you could be writing from all different perspectives.' How are you going to compliment me and then disrespect me at the same time?! I don't mind constructive criticism about my actual writing, not about the characters I choose. I just want everyone to enjoy my books. Imagine whoever you want! I don't care but don't be mean. 'Cause, you will lose a diversity discussion battle to me every day and that's on everything I love. Toodles!

- - -

"You speak of the devil too much, he's bound to eventually show up."
//
Third-Person Point Of View (P.O.V)
* * *

Roseanne wakes up the next day, wanting to go back to sleep. She groans as she gets up and gets ready for school. It's Monday.

Whoever invented the days of the week needs to be slapped. Nobody told you to try and keep us organized with the days of our lives. Maybe I like the confusion.

Her hands are going haywire underneath her pillow trying to find her phone. The tip of her finger hits it and she grabs it. Pushing down on the little circle button at the bottom of her phone that reads her text messages to her.

She grabs her clothes off the chair next to her bed and heads to the bathroom. Placing her phone on the counter and her clothes on the top of the toilet seat; she starts the shower. Feeling the water to make sure the temperature is right. 

Once the temperature is right she hurries to get into the shower. She absolutely loves when the water is burning hot going down her back.

As she's enjoying her shower, the program on her phone starts.

Hello and thank you for choosing TextSupport. 

This will be the only time you hear this automatic response recording. This is only a phase we do when people first use our program/device. We just want to wish you a great day or night and hope you like the TextSupport experience. Please be sure to reach out to us if anything goes wrong.

Three loud beeps are heard before the program officially starts.

Reading all of your recent text messages.

A text message, from Ace King (your future husband), says ...

I won't be at school today, I have some things with Poppy to attend to. But I'll see you after-school beautiful.

Roseanne smiles at the message Ace left but my lips grimace a little at the embarrassment I felt hearing that cringy name change on my phone. Noah plays too much.

A text message, from Mrs. Popkin says ...

Tell that fella that next time he drops you off, to turn his car off. The exhaust fumes are harmful to my dog.

Roseanne rolls her eyes at the last text from her nosy and annoying neighbor. 

'If she keeps her dog in her own yard, she won't have to worry about no exhaust fumes.' Roseanne thought. Wanting so badly to tell that to Mrs. Popkin's face. But my uncle said to always respect your elders.

The water in the shower starts to get a tad bit could waking Roseanne up from her daydream. Turning the shower nob to the left to turn it off. Wrapping her hair up in a towel and slipping her body into a bathrobe heading back to her room to change clothes.

Singing to a Ryan Destiny song, Roseanne finishes brushing her teeth. Turning her body around in circles just to feel the flow of the dress she put on. Who doesn't like to twirl in flowy-like dresses?

Hearing the honking of her brother, Noah's pickup truck. She hops down the stairs grabbing the apple off the table for breakfast. Kissing her uncle on the cheek as he stands at the front door with her book bag and cane.

"Have a good day, baby girl." Uncle Bernie states, his eyes tearing up like it's her first day of elementary school all over again.

"I will, I love you," Roseanne yells, getting in the truck and rolling down her window.

"I love you too." Uncle Bernie answered back. A big smile on his face as he watches his baby girl leave the house once again.

Noah's truck sliding down the road with ease. 

'I wonder how I'll act once she goes off to college.' Bernie thought, coming to the conclusion that she is going to want to leave him one day.

- - -

Noah's truck comes to a stop meaning they arrived at their destination. 'Another day of school, yay ... okay yeah, no I hate this' , Roseanne thought.

"Have a good day, kiddo!" Noah laughs as he gets out of the car and runs to his sister's side to let her out of the car, as she struggles to get a piece of hair out of her mouth, as a result of the crazy wind.

"Thanks for driving me to school. I will see you later." Roseanne exclaims, giving her brother a big hug.

She secures her bookbag on her back and keeps her stick close to her hip as she walks towards the school building.

Her stick hits the light pole close to the front of her school where she waits every day for her friends, so they can all walk into school together.

She starts to hmm 'ICU' by Coco Jones as she waits for her girls.

"Ahhh ... another day, sis!" Julie screams, as she and her sister, Harmony, each grab one of Roseanne's arms. Causing Roseanne to at first jump but laugh it off. They all start humming 'ICU' by Coco Jones as they head into the school building.