028 | The New Boy (Pt. 4)

Mason's P.O.V

* * *

Hello, I'm Mason Alexander. One of the realest characters in this book. My personality is a bit loud and I like what I like.

Also, I'm Ace's brother. I'm also the guy who beat up Roseanne's brother. And snuck into her room that one time. Yep, I was in her closet. It's not my proudest moment but it happened. But shhh ... Roseanne will find out all in due time.

More on that later!

* * *

(Back to the book, people!)

My eyes light up in amusement as I see a group of girls walking toward me like the Powerpuff Girls on a mission. I immediately recognize the effortless beauty, of Roseanne.

The gorgeous girls with her must be her friends. Oh this, should be fun.

"Hello! Welcome to Sophie Alexander High. My name is Harmony Myers." The girls untie their armlocks to look more professional-like.  So adorable.  Harmony grabs a girl next to her and pushes her forward. "This is my sister Julie Myers." Harmony moves down the line to Roseanne. Gently pushing Rose's head up because she has a habit of trying to hide herself. "This is Roseanne Hart. All three of us are a part of the Welcoming Board Committee for this school. We are going to make sure your first introduction is pleasant. First, we would love to know your name." The girls try not to giggle at Harmony's obvious desperation for male attention.

I smirk at the attention I am receiving from this very pretty little girl.

"My name is Mason Alexander. Can I just say you are quite the beauty?" I stated, moving a bit closer to Harmony.

"Well, thank you!" Harmony giggles.

Her sister mushes her in the arm and pushes a safe distance between the two to stand in the middle of the little circle they've unconsciously created.

I let out a bit of a growl at Julie. I didn't even notice that I did it till I hears Harmony's small gasp. Her gasp was so light it was almost inaudible. I grit my teeth when I look away from Harmony to her sister, Julie, who is smirking.

Julie and I have a bit of a stare-down until I hear a small strong voice draw me out of battle mode.

"It's nice to meet you, Mason." Roseanne blurts out. She probably figured she'd say anything to get this conversation to start again, so they could finish this tour.  Smart girl.

I smile down at Roseanne's cute little brown-skinned face, the feelings I once had for her returning. It feels like now those feelings have just turned into a pure adoration for her and her innocence. She has a youthful smile. Her natural hair falls down her back in braids. Her body being petite and little, the perfect size for riding. Not saying thick girls can't ride. But I just feel like petite African American girls don't get as much love.

Lord how I would love to pull on those braids.

Out of the corner of my eye, I look at her best friends and I have to admit they are gorgeous. Julie and Harmony are pretty dark skin toned Indian girls. Both of their hair is long and falling past their breasts in waves and landing around their hips. The only difference between the sisters is the bambi innocent look in Harmony's eyes. But Julie is a hard one to read. She has a straight face and you can tell she doesn't play about her sister.