024 | Acceptance and Planning

*Authors Note: I have decided to use a third-person point of view for the rest of the book. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me. Enjoy!*

*Author's Note (2): I will try to continue doing a third-person point of view. But some chapters may call for something else. We'll see. But enjoy the book child, I know you are just as ready as me for this book to be over finally. It's coming to an end sooner than later hopefully. I'm going to put my fingers on the keys and try to get this over with.*

"I didn't plan on changing anything about myself. It just happened. So you choose to accept me or I'll gladly walk away."

//

Third-Person Point Of View (P.O.V)

Ace glances at the side of Roseanne's head a couple of times as he drives her back home. 

A carefree smile on her face as the wind flows through her hair. He chuckles as she unconsciously leans towards the wind like it's comforting her.

If only Ace knew how to be this carefree.

The tires on his truck slide slowly as he pulls into the driveway of her house, almost as if the car to doesn't want Roseanne to leave yet. 

A comfortable silence falls upon them but doesn't last for long. 

Roseanne lightly grabs Ace's hand and squeezes it. Ace turns to look at his pretty rose as she starts talking.

"I had a good time." She states, her usually dull brown eyes gleaming.

"I had a good time too, beautiful." He whispers coming closer to her face. 

Their breaths mingled in the still air around them. Noses brushing slightly against each other. Before Ace finally decided to step on the gas and kiss her.

The kiss was a mix of sweet and sour. Sweet because it was finally happening. Sour because it eventually had to end. 

Roseanne pulls away in a hast and starts blushing like crazy.

The kiss only lasted for about two minutes and fifty seconds but it felt like two hours had gone by, and Roseanne wasn't mad about it. 

"I have to go," Roseanne whispered. Her heart felt conflicted because she didn't know how her uncle would feel about her being out late and not telling him anything. 

Ace sighs as he briefly thinks about a day when there won't be anywhere for her to run because he'll always be there. 

That came out more creepy than it should have been.

"Yeah, you should go." Ace agrees with her as he lightly scratches the back of his head.

"Okay, bye," Roseanne whispers as she reaches for the car door. It clicks as she lifts it up. It's still locked. 

Ace chuckles at her confused face and unlocks the car door. She lightly smacks him on the arm as she opens the door and hops out of the truck.