022 | I'm Taking You Dancing (Pt. 3)

"Dance the night away." 

//

Roseanne's P.O.V 

* * * 

Ace opens the door on my side for me as I step down from the car. For we have arrived at our location. 

I'm sorry British people, I know y'all don't talk like that. But it's just so fun to do. 

He holds my hand as we walk across the street and while we make our way into the club. 

As soon as we step into the club, I can tell there is something different about this particular club. I don't smell sex or sweat in the air. I only smell cashmere febreze and coconut milk lotion. 

I freeze and squeeze his hand signaling I have a question. He squeezes back. Pulling me closer to him by my waist, so he can hear me better in the sea of talking and laughter. 

"What kind of club is this?" I asked in complete wonder. 

"I wanted to take you dancing in a more sophisticated environment." He said as his hands rubbed my lower back. Us completely chest to chest. "Everyone here minds their business for the most part. It makes it easier on me, to have fun and keep all my attention on you." 

"So are you saying that with us going to a regular club it's more trouble?" I said, all of a sudden feeling insecure for no reason. 

"Yes." Ace stated flatly.

"Would that trouble be mostly with you and some other chick?" I whispered. Phrasing my question weirdly in the process of my insecure panic. 

I put my hands on Ace's chest and start to push him back as I feel his chest rumble with laughter. But my arms are stopped as he fights through my pushing. Keeping his arms wrapped around my lower back. 

"Why would I ask you out if I wanted to go chase somebody else?" Ace responded. 

He has a point. 

"I-" I started, but Ace interrupted my ramble before it even started. 

"If we are going to keep seeing each other I want you to be able to trust that I'm with you only. I only said trouble because of how guys in most clubs are. Someone as beautiful as you walks in, it's all hands on deck. I can't have that happening." Ace explained. 

"I'm sorry, I-" I started, but was interrupted again. 

"No need to apologize for feeling insecure. My mother used to say that constant reassure makes the heart grow fonder." Ace said, going back to rubbing my lower back again. "No matter what, I'm pretty sure it's going to be you and me at the end of the day." 

I smack his stomach lightly at his last statement. Pretty sure, my butt. He better be confident about it. He only laughs and counties to rub my back. Squeezing it to let me know to relax and that he was joking. 

"Your mother is a smart lady," I stated, trying to calm my nerves down a little. 

"She is." Ace said, chuckling at my hand squeezing the life out of his left bicep. 

"I'm not always like this," I said, starting up my big redemption speech. 

"Mmhmm," Ace responded, clear amusement in his voice. 

"I just let some beginners dating jitters get to me. The truth is I'm always afraid that you'll just walk away. I've already let you in some and it'll crush me if you leave now." I admitted. "If you leave, I have no choice but to move on. I'm a bad bitty, I'll be fine without you but I kinda like you. So I hope you stay or whatever." I finished my speech removing my hand from his bicep and lightly rubbing my neck.