Chapter - 28

I was anxious, waiting for them to tell us about Tony's condition.

Uncle David, took a deep breath before proceeding,
" When the truck hit the car, the side Kayton sat on, took most of the impact, and obviously he was seriously injured.

The doctor said that he hit his head pretty hard, but the most serious injury was on his abdomen, where a particularly large shard of glass entered his body and  caused excessive bleeding.

They had to perform surgery to take it out, and thankfully none of his internal organs were injured.

The surgery was a success, but....." He trailed off and the relieved breaths that  we let out, got caught again at the ' but '.

My father was the one who continued the explanation,
" Though the surgery was a success.....since Kayton's body took the brunt of the impact, and also since he hurt his head as well as lost a lot of blood, he slipped into a coma.....and the doctors don't know when he will wake up." My dad finished and looked away.

At that, another fresh wave of tears cascaded down my cheeks as well as Aunt Kathryn's and Everly's, but this time, it was because of both relief and grief. Relief, because he was okay and grief, because he slipped into a coma, one from which, we don't know when he will wake up.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

The next few minutes? Hours? Days? I don't know, passed in a blur.

Tony was moved to our room and I was alone with him.

I sat on the chair by the bed, and took his hand in mine, careful not to jostle the various wires and machines attached to him.

He was laying still, his skin paler than usual, his usually sparkling eyes hidden behind his closed eyelids and the strong arms that used to pull me closer to him were laying limp by his sides.

The slight rise and fall of his chest, and the rhythmic beep of the heart monitor, indicating that he was still alive.

I took a deep breath and started talking.

" I know you might not hear me, but I hope that you do, because right now, you are the only thing keeping me sane and I miss you really badly.

Everyone misses you, Evy and Charlotte just left, and I could tell that Evy would cry if she stayed here, and if she did, I would too, so I send her away.

Charlotte wants to know why her big brother is sleeping so much instead of playing with her.

Since, Ollie is not old enough to know what is going on, he doesn't have much of a reaction but I think he can sense that something is wrong, because he is not all smiles like he usually is.

Your parents also came to see you, but they had to leave soon, because of their duties, and even though they don't show it, I know they miss you.

My parents and Adrian decided to go back to Scotland, because they think that your accident is not an accident and they want to investigate it and I think your dad thinks so too.

I don't know what to think of all this, I just know that, I want my husband back.

So please, get well and come out of this coma soon, because I don't know how long I will be able to hold on." I said, my voice breaking at the end, I gently  brought his hand closer, and pressed a soft kiss to the back of it.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

It's been two months since Kayton's accident, which means it's been two months since he slipped into a coma.

I don't go out of our room much, I am either talking to him, reading a book or sleeping.

Every day, on time, a maid leaves a tray of food outside the door for me.

The first few days, I didn't want to eat, since I didn't have an appetite, but Everly force-fed me saying that Kayton, wouldn't want me to starve myself, and I knew that she was right, so I started eating again.

The rest of the royal family, visit him every day and as for the investigation done by my father and brother, turns out their hunch was true and someone did try to murder Kayton!

The palace security was increased and there were always guards stationed outside our door, just in case.

They still didn't know who it was, but they were still investi-

The door suddenly burst open to reveal a panting Adrian.

"We know who caused the accident!" He exclaimed.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Author's Note : Hey guys, so here's another chapter and another cliffhanger, so I know it's been ages since I updated, but you know the reason.

This wasn't a particularly long chapter, but it did have some content in it, so I hope you enjoyed it and if you did, don't forget to vote and comment.

Love ya,
TeenageBuddy2728