Chapter - 27

It was the next day and me and Kayton just finished having breakfast, when one of his bodyguards approached him and said something to him.

Tony nodded and dismissed him, before turning to me.

"There are some problems in one of the charity foundations run by the palace, so my dad asked me to go there and solve it." He said.

I nodded.

"When will you come back?" I asked him."

Tony checked his watch and then looked back at me.

"I should be able to make it to lunch." He said and gave me kiss.

"I will see you later." He said and I smiled, nodding at him.

And just after he left,it felt like something was wrong, I couldn't shake off the felling that something bad was about to happen.

_________________________________________

A couple of hours later, I heard a commotion downstairs and quickly ran downstairs to see what it was.

Some bodyguards and palace guards were carrying someone in the direction of the hospital wing and maids and some nurses were running around. I couldn't make out who the person was, because they were covered in blood.

Just then, Aunt Kathryn rushed out of the throne room in tears, I was shocked when she ran to me and threw her arms around me, hugging me tight.

"I-i-its K-kayton, h-he got into an accident!" She cried.

I gasped in shock and I felt dread coil around me, when I thought about Kayton's state.

Aunt Kathryn untangled herself from me and the both of us ran towards the hospital wing, not caring about etiquette and what people might think.

Just as we reached there, the rest of both our families came there and everyone had the same worried expression, Everly was in tears, not very different from myself and her mother.

Doctors and nurses were rushing around, and one of them was speaking to Uncle David hurriedly.

I saw his face fall, and he gave the doctor a tight smile and nodded at him.

I knew it was bad, by looking at his facial expression and my heart dropped.

He then turned to us and explained what was happening.

"They got into an accident on their way back, a truck hit the car's side, Kayton was sitting on that side, and took the impact of the crash." He said.

"But they said, they could still save him." He said but it seemed as if he himself didn't believe his words.

I collapsed onto one of the chairs as a fresh wave of tears cascaded down my cheeks.

Adrian rushed towards me and engulfed me in his arms, while I sobbed into his chest.

It was pure chaos for a few minutes until the men managed to calm us down a bit.

Several hours passed, and we saw the doors open as a doctor came out.

I was about to rush towards him, but Adrian managed to stop me and I watched as I saw Uncle David go to him.

His expression was unreadable, so I couldn't tell whether the news was good or bad.

He then nodded at the doctor and said something to my father, before the both of them faced us.

♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●♥︎●

Author's  note: Hello loves, as you see,  I updated and (please don't hate me), it wasn't a very good chapter.....I know you are angry, but please bear with me.

Anyways, as you may or may not know, I have previously posted some announcements on my conversation board about my updating schedule, but I haven't been following it.

The reason for this is my online classes and exams, so I am sorry to say this, but as of now, MY UPDATING SCHEDULE HAS BEEN CANCELLED. So this means that I don't know when I will be able to next update, but I will try my best to update as soon as possible.

I know this chapter was full of bad news, both story wise as well as in the author's note, and I am very, very sorry about it, so I hope you guys forgive me.😀

(Phew, that was a loooong Author's note😪, and a boring😴 one at that too, so once again sorry guys😬)

I love you all,
TeenageBuddy2728😉