Chapter - 30

Kayton's fingers twitched a bit as if trying to squeeze my hand back.

And before I could recover from the shock, his eyelids cracked open a bit and his lips parted as if trying to speak.

I finally recovered and quickly pressed the button to alert the doctor.

"Kayton, oh my God you're awake!" I exclaimed and for the first time in a few weeks I smiled.

He tried his best to smile and was about to say something, when the doctor arrived and he was shocked to see that he was awake.

"Your Highness, you're awake." He said while checking Tony's vitals.

"Your Highness, can you please ask someone to inform Their Majesties that the Prince is awake?" The doctor asked turning to me.

"Of course" I said and turned towards the guards stationed outside our doors and asked them to inform Uncle David and Aunt Kathryn.

One of them bowed and quickly went towards Uncle David's office.

I then turned back towards Kayton and then looked at the doctor questioningly.

" The Prince is fine, Your Highness. I was hoping that I could tell you and Their Majesties the details together." He said while bowing his head a little.

I nodded to show him that it was fine and turned to Tony.

"How do you feel?" I asked him softly and took his hand in mine.

"I feel fine, just a bit tired." He said and I noticed that his voice was scratchy, so I poured a glass of water and handed it to him.

"Thank you" Kayton said, taking it and drinking the water.

Just as he finished drinking, three people entered the room and rushed to Tony's bedside.

"You're awake, you are finally awake!" Aunt Kathryn said while fussing over him.

Uncle David stood behind her, silently gazing at their son but you could see by looking at him that he too was relieved but was keeping his composure to seem like the king he is.

The third person in the room, Everly was nearly in tears seeing that her brother was awake and was biting her lips to stop herself from crying.

I went over to Evy and squeezed her shoulder.

"He really is awake Evy, he is fine" I whispered now wearing an expression similar to hers as it finally started sinking in that Kayton was alive and awake.

She squeezed my hand and gave me a small smile which I returned.

We all then turned to look at the doctor and gazed at him expectantly.

"His Highness is fine Your Majesties, he will feel fatigued for a while,but that is quite normal considering he woke up from a coma, and it seems as if he hasn't suffered any permanent damage so I would say that His Highness would be back to normal in a few days." The doctor said with a smile.

We all collectively released the breaths we didn't that we have been holding in.

"What about food? Can he eat normal food or should we give something specific until he is completely healed?" I asked him and the doctor turned to me.

"Since His Highness hasn't had proper food in quite a while now, I would recommend giving him liquids or semi solids for a few days and then start giving him solid foods in small quantities and then slowly increase the amount." He said and I nodded, understanding.

After giving us some more instructions, the doctor bid farewell and told us to call him if anything happens.

I let Kayton's parents and sister spend some time with him and quickly took a shower and changed in one of the guest bedrooms before heading downstairs to the kitchen to get him some soup.