Chapter - 29

I stood up shocked and Adrian entered the room, followed by my dad. Both of them looked extremely stressed out, but looked a bit relieved as well? I think it must be because they finally found out the person or people responsible for this.

"So, it really wasn't an accident? Who caused it? Is Tony still in danger? Have you caught them?" I started spewing questions and Adrian gestured me to calm down. I took a deep breath and looked at them questioningly.

" Remember Martha Hennings? " Adrian asked me and I  shook my head no.

" She is the daughter of the late Lord Hartington, a previous member of your grandfather's court.

She married Lord Hennings, who is a member of the royal  court of England, and they have a son, Elliot Hennings.

Lord Hennings once approached me about marrying you to his son, but I declined, mainly due to the fact that you were too young and I wanted you to decide who you wanted to marry.

Unfortunately that didn't go as planned due to the betrothal and he was angry just like many of the other people who requested your hand in marriage.

But unlike the rest of them, he didn't seem to consider the fact that it was a betrothal, made by the previous kings and that we didn't have the right to go against their word.

So, he decided to simply kill Kayton off." My father explained and I just stood there, gaping at them. I mean was the man mad!

"But I don't understand, was he out of his mind?! I mean did he really think that he could get away with murdering the Crown Prince of England?!" I exclaimed.

"Well, it seems as if Lord Hennings was blinded by rage and didn't think this through." Adrian said while clenching his jaw, clearly expressing his hatred for the man.

"What about his family, were they in on it too?" I asked and they shook their heads.

"No they weren't, in fact, they didn't even know he had approached me about your marriage, and the son, Elliot is one of Kayton's acquaintances, and got along with him well, so we're positive that the family had nothing to do with it." My dad said.

I nodded my head before the most important question popped up in my head.

"Did you catch him?" I asked and they nodded with smirks on their faces.

"We did, and in fact he is being interrogated as we speak by your father-in-law and we are on our way to have a civilized conversation with him." Adrian said, emphasizing the word civilized, but the look on his face said anything but.

I nodded my head, and while I wasn't one for much violence, I honestly wouldn't mind the guy who tried to kill my husband, get a bit bashed up.

"Alright, keep me updated please." I told them and with one last look at Kayton, they left the room.

I let out a small sigh, and resumed my position by Kayton's bedside.

"Seems like it really wasn't an accident. They caught him, so you aren't in danger anymore.....atleast, I hope so." I said taking his hand in mine and pressing a kiss to it.

I squeezed his hand a little and my eyes widened as shock overtook me at what happened next.

●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●

I know its another cliffhanger, but I couldn't resist, so any guesses, what happened?

And I know its an awfully short chapter, but there are only a few more chapters left and Royally Arranged would be finished.

What are your thoughts on Lord Hennings

Vote, comment and share

Love😘,
TeenageBuddy2728