Chapter 2

“Everyone to their assigned stations.” The announcement declared. “Ladies and gentlemen, the Lozmar have been causing some trouble or so we hear. Our mission is to go to Lozmarias and prevent them from causing an uprising.” Kirk explained sitting down in his chair. “Sulu, set us on course for Lozmarias.” “Yes sir.-“Sulu had something else I’d ignored. I just hoped he hadn’t left the parking break on again.

-Later on-

While waiting to arrive at Lozmarias, Matthew came up with another strange thing to talk about and keep himself entertained. “Hey Kate, I was just thinking. What if time travel were a possible?”

“Well it is possible, but requires a lot of energy or something powerful such as a black hole. As Captain Kirk did prove at one point.” I stopped, clearly knowing I had confused him. “So, what brought his up? You want to change the past?” Trying to sound a little more interested. It worked to, his face lit up “I want to go back to 2012, see what life was like back then. What about you?”

“I imagine it wouldn’t be a too greater difference, and as for your question I would probably go back to when I was younger and persuade myself to move to Earth earlier than I did” I admitted. Our conversation caught the attention of several others around us.

“I would save my planet!”

“Don’t be ridiculous, it’s a fix point.”

“I would have stopped my dad going away to the war.”

“I would go into the future and see what happens there.”

This soon became the entire crew of the bridge arguing about time travel. Thankfully, Kirk came back moments later. “Okay guys break it up, back to your posts. Captain Pike could walk in any second and he’ll think I can’t control my crew if you’re not doing something productive.” And as if the captain could predict the future, Pike wondered onto the bridge. Literally everyone turned around and smiled at me, Uhura hadn’t told just a few people after all. Aware that my face was going red, I turned around and pretended to work.

“Captain, there appears to be a high energy vessel materialising in sector 3 of engine room 2” Spock announced “Bring up the video feed.” A blue box appeared on the screen. “Well, it doesn’t look dangerous,” he chuckled. “Looks can be deceiving.” I warned.

“Alright then Kate, Matthew and I will go check it out.” I sighed, “yes sir” and took a phaser from Matthew. “Spock, you’re in charge until I get back.” Kirk ordered as we left for the door.

After a silent walk, we arrived to find a mysterious blue box; I automatically reached out to touch it. “It’s made of wood.” I whispered “What’s a police box from the 1980s doing here?” I asked curiously. “Not sure,” Kirk trailed off. Suddenly a man in a pinstripe suit stepped out of the box, slowly raising his hands. We all pulled out our phasers to take aim at the stranger. The door opens again but this time, a girl in jeans and a T-shirt stepped out. Upon seeing the man at gunpoint, she pulls out her own gun. Matthew laughs, “what’s in that gun? Bullets?” he teases. “Do you wanna find out?” she snaps and the man takes the gun from her hand. “I told you, no guns,” “but Doctor-“ “no buts” he paused then puts the gun inside his suit pocket. We all lower our weapons cautiously.

“Shall we start again? I’m The Doctor and this is Kerry, who would be in charge of this vessel?” He asks. “That would be me” says Kirk putting his gun away and offering his hand. “Captain Jim Kirk.” The Doctor shakes his hand with a huge grin. “And you fellow crew members?” he smiles. We introduce ourselves as he shakes our hands in turn.

“Doctor how can you just make friends with people that point guns at you?” Kerry mumbled, The Doctor turns to her, “you cops take everything so seriously.”