Chapter 5

I woke to find myself on a cold, stone floor. The air was cool and moist. As I sat up the pulsing pain in my head became more noticeable, I gently touched the place where it hurt the most and gazed at my hand, which was covered in dried blood.

I pulled myself up, leaning against as wall to help my balance and wondered over to what looked like, the only exit. “Don’t bother.” I turned around to see Captain Pike sitting against a wall in the darkest corner of the room. “You’ll get a nasty shock” he sighed. I backed away from the door, and sat next to him, crossing my legs. “Where are we?” I wondered, “I’m afraid I know as much as you do.” He gave me a small smile. “Chances are, we’re underground somewhere seeing as its colder here than on the surface.” I curled up to keep in what body heat I had. “I hoped of dying somewhere other than in captivity.” I whispered, my eyes filling with tears. “We’re not going to die, I promise.” He puts his arms around me and hugged me gently. “Someone will come to get us” he reassured me, though there was little meaning in the words. The tears rolled down my face slowly and I hugged him back. We’re not going to die, I thought. We’re not going to die.

**Kerry’s POV**

“So you’re telling me, they’ve been kidnapped.” Kerry declared. “It seems the only logically explanation.” Spock insisted, “Yes but the Lozmar don’t just take people do they?” The Doctor interrupted. “Was there anything specific about them? Tell me about them!” he insisted. “Well, err we don’t know much.” Matthew shrugged. “Anything specific? Key events in their life” The Doctor demanded. “Captain Pike was assigned to the Kelvin with my dad when we lost it.” Kirk suggested. “And what about Kate?”

“She was held captive as a kid. They trained her to be an assassin with all the rest of the kids on the planet.” Uhura explained. “When she ran away they searched for her, to make it easier for them to find her they-“ “Carved a mark into the back of her neck.” The Doctor finished. “That was it. The Lozmar recognised the mark and saw her as a threat.”

“This means we go rescue them now!” Kerry shouted. “Agreed but we have no ideas of their whereabouts.” Spock argued.

After about an hour of rescue planning we set off in the decided direction to search for any signs of life. “Doctor, what’s that over there? That dark object behind that hill?” I shouted and pointed to the dune in the distance. He ran up the closest dune to look. “It looks like a building of some sort. Our best bet is to head in that direction.” “I’ve found more blood over here!” someone cried and we all gathered around it. It appears they were taken this way, we could follow the trail.”

“We must be careful. We don’t know how much blood they’ve lost meaning they could be extremely weak. If we are to rescue them we must do it as quickly as possible.” Kirk ordered as we entered the deserted buildings. Inside the rooms were bare, nothing but a trap door in the centre of each room. The Doctor and Matthew prised open one to look down into a dark tunnel. We all clambered down and pulled out our weapon to be ready for anything.

**Kate POV**

The room was unbearably cold now; some of the healing cut on my hands had opened up again and began to bleed. But I didn’t care. If we weren’t rescued, we would have to break out ourselves. “You touched the door, right? How many volts you reckon?” I asked. Pike shifted uncomfortably “not many I guess. Just enough to make someone think twice about touching it.” I paused then go to my feet. Pike must have caught on to what I was trying to do and grabbed my arm. “Don’t be an idiot.” I smiled, “We got to try.” I took a deep breath and pushed on the door.