Chapter 3

"So, you and the Doctor. How did you meet?" I asked curiously. "Well, it wasn't a typical meeting. I arrested him." She smiles at the memory "You arrested the Doctor?" "Yeah, caught him breaking and entering a work site, he tripped the alarm and I showed up on scene." "What happened?" "As I cuffed him he kept talking about things that made no sense and this weird creature showed up." I laughed; well that is certainly an exciting story.

We arrived on the bridge “Everyone, meet our menacing intruders, The Doctor and a 2016 American rookie cop, Kerry,” Kirk declared. Everyone greeted warmly, introducing themselves in turn when The Doctor talked to them. “So Captain Kirk, what is this ship and where is it going?” Kerry asks gazing around in wonder, Kirk grins “This friend, is a star ship called The Enterprise and we are going to a planet called Lozmarias to sort out some trouble. If you like, were the space police.” He concluded and then went over that waved him over.

“He’s a strange one, that Doctor” I sighed watching him dart around asking questions and fiddling with things. “You get used to it. Wait till he starts babbling about the quantum physics dilithium chambers.” Kerry warned.

“Well I actually do have some knowledge of those particular things.”

“Really? I thought only Time Lords was that geeky.”

“Time Lords?”

“Yeah, that’s his species he says he’s the last one.”

“What’s the difference between humans and Time Lords?”

“He has two hearts and he can regenerate whatever that means.”

“Ah, I’m glad you two are getting on so well!” The Doctor cheered, “But I’m afraid I must borrow you Kate.” I nod and follow him to another computer screen. “These Lozmar, tell me about them, what exactly are they?” he inquired. “Well, the average member of this race has a stocky build and is extremely tall. They have skin covered in yellow scales. They have cat-like ears and small, red eyes. They come from a hot, dry climate.They are often intellectual and at large they are out for conquest.” I explained. “Sounds a little dangerous for one star ship” he pointed out. “Well that’s not my fault” I protested, “take it up with the Captain.” I continued.

“But there are two captains here, are there not?”

“Well Kirk is in charge, Captain Pike is here to assess Kirk or something.”

“He seems more experienced with this sort of thing.”

“I wouldn’t know.”

“Wouldn’t you?”

“Excuse me?”

“That mark on your neck, what is it?”

“It’s nothing. Don’t change the subject” I snapped. He turned his head to one side in curiosity and then walked away.

“Miss Zelais?” a voice came from behind me. I did turn around as it was probably The Doctor. “Just leave me alone.”

Captain Pike sat down in the chair next to me looking confused.

Well There goes my sanity.