Chapter 12

**Kirk’s POV**

“What were you thinking man? I know you see things differently, but surely even you can tell that was harsh.” “I was just being reasonable and speaking the facts that are known to me.”

“I understand that-” “Captain we’ve arrived at Tenstorm and you may need to see this” announced Sulu. “Captain, I have acknowledged my error and apologise.” “It’s ok Spock, apology accepted. Let’s head back to the bridge.” Returning to the bridge we found the Doctor was also there now talking to Scotty.

“Bring up the video feed of the planet Sulu, show me what we’ve got.” Sulu nodded and pressed some buttons bringing up the video. The image of the planet came up and what appeared on the screen shocked everyone into silence. “What are they? Are those ships?” Uhura questioned. “I believe they are Lozmar ships from what Kate has told me.” The Doctor said, stepping closer to the screen and putting on a pair of glasses.

“They seem to be arranged around a central point on the planet.”

“Sulu, can you zoom in here?” Sulu looked at me for confirmation. “Do as he says Sulu, The Doctor has full access and authority to the ship.” I ordered, knowing that everyone would understand this order. Sulu kept zooming on the fixed point until it fully reached planets terrain. It showed a rather large compound with more aliens guarding the building and its perimeter.

“Who wants to bet that the Active Carbon is down there?” Kate joked. “Sulu scan for any traces of Active Carbon.” “Yes captain.” The scan revealed what everyone was expecting. “Alright then. Look’s like we’re going down there then. Scotty will teleport us down into the compound.” I announced. “Are ye crazy man!” Scotty yelled. “I do that and ye will be seen straight away, it canne be done.” “I could take TARDIS down and be back within seconds.” Everyone turned to the Doctor who had a serious expression.

“Captain, that will not be a good idea. We cannot trust him to go alone.” Spock and the Doctor were facing each other directly. “Kerry is my companion and I promised to protect her, and you don’t trust me to save her?”

“I do not trust you at all, if I’m honest.”

“Enough!” I yelled, stunning them into silence. “It’s safer if we go together. The TARDIS will stay onboard for now. Scotty how close can you get us?” Scotty examined the map. “I can drop ya here.” Scotty was pointing to an incline which faced the compound. “Ye will be hidden behind it and then ye can move towards it.” “That’s good enough for me. I will go down with The Doctor, Spock and Kate. Uhura, Chekov I want you to create a distraction so we can sneak in. Bones go and keep an eye on Kerry and do what you can.”

**Kerry’s POV**

I had been awake for a few minutes and was wondering where Bones had gone when he walked back in. “I see you’re awake.” “Yeah, where is everyone?” Bones turned to face me and I could tell that he knew something. “What’s wrong Bones?” “We’ve arrived at Tenstorm.” I was puzzled, this seemed like good news, but he didn’t seem happy. “Well that’s a good thing. Right?” “Yes, but you only have a few hours to live.” The news hit me like a ton of bricks, I could be dead very soon.

“I see. Well I know you did everything you could.”

“But it wasn’t enough!”

Clearly Bones didn’t like losing people, especially when the cure was so close. “Bones, people die everyday. You can’t always beat it. And if that’s the case of anytime you have left.” I told him, getting up and out of bed. “What are you doing!?” “I am not spending my last potential moments stuck in bed. Now I need to get to the TARDIS and get some clothes.” I headed for the door but Bones stopped me. “No need.” He handed me a familiar yellow duffel bag. “The Doctor dropped it off while you were sleeping.” I smiled in thanks before heading into the bathroom to change.

Afterwards, I shoved my other clothes back into my bag and felt something cold against my hand. Reaching in, I pulled out a bottle of Vodka. “You keep Vodka with your stuff?” Bones laughed. “Never know when you might need it. Now let’s go to the bridge.” We headed for the bridge and walked past the transporter room just as they were about to leave. The Doctor saw us and smiled and waved but his eyes showed me how he really felt, I could tell he was sad. I waved back and then they were gone.