Chapter 4

I put my head in my hands. “Sorry sir, I thought you were someone else,” I mumbled but he just continued to stare. “What is it?” I asked, he glanced over at The Doctor and then back to me. “Who is he?”

“That’s The Doctor he’s a Time Lord. As far as I can tell, he’s a total genius.”

“And the girl over there?” he pointed to Kerry who was reaching into The Doctor’s jacket pocket to retrieve her gun. “Kerry. She’s a cop from 2016 and she has a gun. With bullets.” He smirked at the word bullets.

“Captain, we have arrived at Lozmarias” Spock announced. This immediately caught The Doctor’s attention. “Ah, will we have the chance to explore?” he wondered. “Yes, but stick together in the pairs that I say.” Kirk ordered. “Uhura and Myself, Spock and Matthew, Kate and Captain Pike and The Doctor with Kerry.” Uhura muttered something under her breath as we left for the transporter room. “Everyone stay in your pains and if you see anything strange, report it.” Kirk reminded us.

Setting off, we all headed in different directions, each pair taking a radio to keep in contact. The planet’s surface didn’t look so different from an Earth desert and the heat was terribly uncomfortable, which probably due to the fact that half of our uniform was black. I was so busy complaining to myself how hot it was, I didn’t hear Pike talking to start with. “Kate!” his voice made me jump, “You alright?” I exhaled slowly, “Yes sir, I’m fine.” I answered, pushing back the hair that had stuck to my face. “We should have been more prepared for this trip” he sighed, wiping his own face and then smiled, “And to think, I thought Kirk was totally-” he cut off as I heard something hit the ground behind me. I turned around only to meet something sharp hitting my head, I hit the ground and blacked out.”

**KERRY’S POV**

“This place reminds me so much of home.” The Doctor chuckled, “I agree, except for that of course.” He replied, pointing at something in the distance. “Is that a purple cactus?” I asked, amazed “it’s not everyday you see one of those” I laughed.

“Doctor come in.” A voice came from The Doctor’s jacket, he reached in and pulled out the radio. “Yep, what’s up?”

“It’s Matthew; we can’t reach Pike and Kate. You’re closest to their last known position so we’ll send you the coordinates. Go check it out.”

“Sure thing, Matt”

“We’ll catch up with you. Out.”

“I wonder what’s happened to them?” “I have absolutely no idea, but let’s find out!” The Doctor said with enthusiasm. “And what if there’s something dangerous?” I said, folding my arms. “What’s wrong with a little bit or danger, Miss Forth?”

“Absolutely nothing, I was just think maybe Kate and Pike encountered something.”

“You could be right, lets go see.” And with that, The Doctor strolled off at a quick pace. “Doctor! Wait up!”

He stopped all of a sudden, looking at the ground. “Doctor! What-” I stopped to catch my breath. “What is it?” he raised a hand to point at a smashed up radio, a large piece of metal and a large pool of blood. I took the radio from The Doctor’s hand and pressed the button.

“Uh, Kirk- you there?”

“Yeah, go ahead.”

“We didn’t find them but, I think we know why they’ve not been answering the radio.”

There was a long pause before he replied, “alright, sit tight and we’ll there as soon as we can.”