Chapter 8

We all appeared back in the transporter room. “That was awesome!” The Doctor laughed. I couldn’t help smiling at The Doctor’s simple amusement. We started to leave the room when Kerry fell against the wall and collapsed in a heap. “We need help over here Bones!” Uhura shouted. A tall man with a grumpy expression entered the room. The Doctor picked her up, “you better come with me then” Bones mumbled. “Doctor, don’t piss off McCoy, he’ll take it personally. He always does.” I said following behind. “You should be saying this to Kerry, not me.” He laughed. “I can still hear you,” she groaned.

We arrived in the medical bay and The Doctor laid Kerry down on an empty bed. “Right, tell me what happened.” Bones asked while rummaging through drawers for equipment. “She broke her hand and then I threw a knife which went through her hand and them I punched her in the face, breaking her nose in the process” I explained. Bones mumbled in disapproval and continued rummaging. “You, over there.” He ordered and pointed to another bed. I nodded and walked over to the bed. I sat down on the bed and stared across the room at Kerry and The Doctor. McCoy was rushing round Kerry examining her. “She’s been poisoned.” McCoy announced, “Aconitum is the only poison with these symptoms that the Lozmar use.” “How do we cure it?” The Doctor asked. “She has to ingest activated carbon, unfortunately we don’t have any of that on the ship and the nearest place to get some is at least two days away.” McCoy murmured. “So we go!” The Doctor cried. “You heard him Jim.” McCoy turned to a monitor, “To Tenstorm!” Kirk said through the monitor. Kerry sat up and fell straight off the bed. McCoy turned round and sighed, “Stay.” He demanded as he lifted Kerry back to her bed. She slapped him with her unbroken hand. McCoy mumbled something and injected her with something; she fell straight back to sleep. “Unbelievable.” He sighed and walked away.

“Hey Kate” Pike whispered.

“Hello.”

“That was a brave thing you did.” He smiled “Just doing my job sir.” I joked, lying down on the bed as a nurse came over. I winced as the nurse began to clean the cuts on my face.

“Listen I don’t-“ He stopped as another nurse put his arm back into its socket. I couldn’t help laughing quietly at the look on his face. He sighed and then tried to continue speaking. I had an idea what was going to happen. “I like you a lot.” He got interrupted by the burn of disinfectant. “I feel the same way,” I whispered, he looked up smiling “really?”

“Yep. Unless this is a joke Uhura is trying to pull on me.”

“Nope, I’m pretty sure it isn’t”

“That’s alright then.”

“So when we go home, would you like to go out with dinner or something?” he asked. That was if we actually made it home in one piece. “Yes, I would love to.” I paused, “Though I really don’t think this is a great tome to talk about this subject.” He nodded, “We can talk late.” I jumped off the bed and headed out of the medical bay.