Chapter 11

**Kerry POV**

“Come on Chekov, be reasonable. Kerry needs to have at least an hour of sleep” Bones complained. Chekov sighed nodding and Bones went away. “I am zorry Kerry. I hev things to do. But you are velcome to come and see m, after you rest of course.” He giggled, brushing the blonde curls out of his face. I gathered up the cards and gave them back to him.

“Sure. You’ll be on the bridge?” his eyes lit up, “yep.” He replied and leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. “See you later.” He smiled, walking out of the door.

“I’ve never seen him act like that,” Bones said from behind me. “He must really like you. It almost makes me want to smile.” “How nice.” I say, pretending to go to sleep. Bones chuckles to himself and wonders out, leaving me alone. I shut my eyes, wondering what event lie ahead.

**Kate POV**

“Here he is!” I declare as Chekov entered the room. He blushed ever so slightly as he put his head down and rushed over to his chair. Sulu leaned over to him, “Where were you?” he asked. But Chekov just grinned to himself and continued to work. I turned my attention to Spock and Scotty who were arguing over how to increase the ship’s engine power. “Aye, but we can always just increase the concentration of the fuel.”

“That would be illogical. The yield would be decreased and more reactants would have to be processed therefore costing Starfleet more money.”

“Screw yer logic man! It would still work. Also, we cannot afford it.”

“I hate to disturb your bicker ladies, but we need a solution now because at this rate we’ll never get there in time.” Kirk worried “we need to go faster!”

“We’re already at full speed sir, we can’t go any faster” Sulu added. “Well this current speed will have to do. Bones, you keep her alive. Work your magic.” Bones scowled, “dammit Jim! I’m a doctor not a magician. I’m doing everything I can.”

“May I ask why we are helping her? She is not a member of Starfleet and they stole away on the ship.” Spock said. The lights suddenly flicker and then turned off and back on again. “What just happened?” Uhura gasped. “Bring up the video feed in the engine room” Kirk ordered. I did so and turned to see the Doctor sat on the floor tangled in a pile of wires attached to a nearby console. “What is he doing?” I wondered aloud. “Scotty and I will go see what he’s doing, Spock you have the bridge,” curious about the Doctor was doing down there.

**Kirk’s POV**

We arrived down in the engine room to find The Doctor wielding a weird device. “and what do ye think yer doin to mah engines?” Scotty asked his face widened in surprise. “This isn’t what it looks like.” He insisted, “I overheard your debate of increasing the ship’s speed and thought I might help.” He tossed a small metal and blue component to Scotty. “Is this an arc reactor?” Scotty asked, examining it.

The Doctor nodded, “Yep. Got a few in the TARDIS lying around and thought I might be useful.”“Ye lucky thing. I’ve been after one o these since I lost that beagle.” The Doctor looked up, confused. “Don’t ask,” I finished. Scotty the reactor back, “Ye still made a bloody mess and I ain’t cleaning it up.” I laughed with the Doctor. “Fine by me” he said.

**Kate’s POV**

“An arc reactor? Interesting.” I said as Kirk and Scotty returned. “So now he has meddled with our ship. I do not believe we should be helping these people, Captain.” Spock insisted. I knew what was coming next. Even by Spock’s standards that was cold. Uhura slapped him, he look confused at first, then realised why she had done so. “You may not like theze people, but it doesn’t mean we should not help them.” Chekov said.

Chekov and I shared the same glaring look at Spock. “Alright, let’s just carry on then.” Kirk mumbled dragging Spock off the bridge after him.