Chapter 14

**Chekov POV**

“Vhat was that?” I wondered aloud, helping Kerry to her feet. “I don’t know, do ships get power cuts?” I almost laughed at her comment.

“Not that I know of. Maybe some form of electromagnetic wave disrupted ze power cells in ze engine core.” I looked over at Bones and Uhura who were helping tipsy Sulu to his feet.

“You’ve lost me now whiz kid, science isn’t my strong point.” Kerry sighed as I sat back at console. “Keptain do you read me?”

“We’ve lost power Chekov, there’s no use. We only have the life support systems.” Uhura said, examining her console’s circuit panel.

“What the hell is going on?!” We all turned to see captain Pike and Scotty standing in the entrance to the bridge.

“What has ye done to me ship?” Scotty panicked, racing around the room. “Keptain Pike, it zeens we hev lost most of ze ships’s power.” I explained, while Kerry dived out of the captain’s chair before Pike noticed. “Figure it out whiz kid.” I nodded, turning to Scotty who had settled in a chair with his feet resting on a rail. “Is ze engine room okay?”

“I was down there meself lad, sparks were flying everywhere!” Another vibration hit the ship, sending Sulu flying into a wall. Bones rushed over to him, checking him over. “He’s not dead sir, but he wont be regaining consciousness any time soon.” Pike sighed in annoyance. “Alright, take him medical. But I need him back here the moment he’s awake. This ship can’t fly without a pilot.” As Bones dragged the unconscious Sulu out of the bridge an engineer sped into the bridge. He stood there breathless trying to speak.

Meanwhile on the planet Tenstorm

***Kirk POV***

“Come on Doctor! This isn’t the time to examine their technology!” I shouted in a whisper as we hid in a small space surrounded by crates, just tall enough to stand behind. “This is just fascinating. We should take a look once we’re done.” As he rejoined the group, I noticed him slip something into his coat pocket but decided to ignore it.

“So were are we now?” Kate asked, while keeping a look out. “It appears that we are in a storage area, based upon the amount of crates in the vicinity.” Spock summarised, the Doctor nodding in agreement. “ I believe I saw a computer terminal on the way in, I think we could use it to see where we are.” The Doctor pointed beyond the boxes.

“Let’s go see if that’s true then.” I ordered, taking the lead. Quietly we headed to the terminal, the Doctor pulling put a device resembling a screwdriver. “What is that?” I asked as the Doctor aimed at the terminal. “Sonic screwdriver. Doesn’t do wood though. The screwdriver emitted a low pitched noise and the terminal activated. The Doctor started searching. Eventually, I became inpatient. “What are you looking for Doctor? Do you know where we are?”

“I found that a while ago, we are in the storage area.” “So what are you looking for? We need to get that carbon quickly!” Kate said, clearly frustrated. “Isn’t it curious we haven’t encountered any guards on the way in, even with the distraction surely they would have left some behind?” The Doctor’s statement was true, we hadn’t come across any guards.

“Ok, so what were you looking for?”

“This.” The Doctor replied, bring up a satellite feed to show our very own vessel. “That’s the Enterprise!” I exclaimed. Two Lozmar ships entered the picture. “Those ships are heading straight for it! Their distraction must have been amazingly clever.” Kate yelled, moving closer to the terminal. “Captain Kirk to the bridge! Sulu come in! Anyone come in!” I sighed in frustration, we wouldn’t be warning them anytime soon. “It only seems logical that the ship has lost power and are unable to move and defend themselves.” For once, I hate that Spock was right. We watched as one of the ships docked with the Enterprise, the other, remaining close.

“We have to finish here quickly and get back to ship!” Nodding I lead the way hoping everyone on the ship would be alright while we were gone.