Ch. 10 Mama's Got Them Whipped

That evening there were a total of four thinly scratched up grown males (each sporting a head bump) and four smothered cubs. In that same night, these cubs slept soundly with their mom and papa Chris, while the rest of the family were sent to sleep outside in their beast forms.   

                                        night night naughty papas.

- Next Morning -

"Suki, Suuukiiii, get uppp," whispers someone in my ear. Umm what time is it? Blinking my blurry eyes I slowly start to make out the outlines of mama's face. Whaa? But it's still dark

Wanting to go back to sleep, the little cub grumbles and curves back into a comfortable position. "I guess me and the triplets will be going to the village without you today," the black haired female joyfully sings. She then stands up and motions for the rest of the occupants to get out of the room. But before the last male could step out of the door, the little cub is seen quickly waddling to that male's leg. 

"Stooopppp, take me with youuu!" cries Suki with outstretched arms. Before the male could pick her up, the adult female nimbly bounces around said male and grabs the female cub to her chest. "Oh sweet Suki", she coo's, "I knew you would wake up." The female then bounces outside in glee but abruptly stops when she sees her other males lined up in front of their den. 

All four beasts are completely prostrating on the ground. Their eyes are pointed sorrowfully toward the two females. With a mischevous twinkle in the female's eye, she comments, "what do you say Suki, do we forgive them?" The cub attempts to mimic her mother's thinned lips, crosses her arms, and tilts her head to the side, "mmm, I don't know...". 

The golden bear's round fuzzy ears droop and his brown eyes slightly shut to contemplate how he messed up. Seeing her papa's reaction to her mischief, Suki quickly adds, "but they did sleep outside, so they're forgiven mama." A soft hand then lightly caresses the cub's short wavy black hair, "okay." 

The four lined up beasts swiftly morph back into their male form. Before they could embrace their female, Chris aims a loincloth to their face. Each male easily caught theirs and wore the cloth in less than a second. Being in a group hug is nice.  

After a short period of hugs and head rubs, mother announces to them, "you probably overheard but I'll say it again, I'm going to the village today." Papa Dash morphs back into his beast and with his huge head he gently rubs it on mama's shoulder. "Thank you Dash," she then adds, "and my cubs will be going with me as well." Papa Jack steps back and morphs into his crow beast form. Mother nods happily. "Good," she grins, "then the rest can hunt for today's food." 

Before Chris and the other males could run toward the forest, mother stops them by saying, "oh and try to see if we could get some white furs." The three males smile, morph into their beasts and growl at the sky for a new hunt. As soon as they're out of earshot mama squeals, "ohh Suki, we're gonna look lovely in white."  

Papa Dash gives what seems to be a bear laugh, he then lowers himself on the ground so that mama, while holding me, can get up easier. When mother got comfortable on the bear beast's back, she turns my body around to face her thorso.

 "Suki, I need you to hold on to me because I'll be needing my hands to hold onto Dash's fur".  I give mama a sweet smile and hug her tightly like a baby possum. The clean smelling female smiles gently at her cub and say's out loud, "we're ready, don't go too fast." Dash grunts and gives out a loud grizzly roar. That was papa? Jeez . Mother rolls her eyes and mutters, "show off" yet gives papa a loving pat. 

On cue, the huge golden bear beast begins to walk, trot, then runs smoothly toward the direction of Clear Lake tribe village. He is easily followed by three young leopard beasts plus a shadow of a bird beast right behind them. 

"Suki, for many generations the Bear Clan has ruled the Clear Lake tribe. They are strong sturdy beasts, amazingly good at defending their territory. Now, since this is considered a good place to live, the females who reside here differ from other tribes. I want you to try to see and understand what's the difference." Lucy pauses in her short lecture, "if you have any questions, you can ask me after this trip." She then merrily laughs, "for now, enjoy!"