Ch. 35 They're Back!

The ground underneath my feet started trembling. Quick glancing downwards, some pieces of rock can be seen shaking. Smiling widely I know they're here. 

-----------------

Trotting closer to the edge of the forest, Lucy beams and yells "Dash, let's give them a loud growl!"

Dash in his golden bear form grunts in agreement and with a wide toothy mouth he gives a deep and frightening grizzly roar. He is then followed by the growls of Lucy's males, the triplets, and the rest of the beastmen that are traveling with them. This also gave them the energy to trot faster toward the village.   

------------------

Terrifying growls can be heard coming from the forest, the ground is now shaking. This vibration feels disturbing and yet it's blissful because I recognize my papas growls.  

Feeling a squeeze in my hands, I laugh and say, "Radu, that's papa bears roar!" Looking up I see Radu giving me a tight smile and he looks paler than usual. Oh right, he's a male and my papas can be kind of discouraging. Giving him a squeeze back, I tilt my head on his arm, "you took good care of me, they'll accept that."

Radu looks at the tender face of his little female and glances at the back of her top cloth, trying not to gulp he gives her what he hopes to be a nice smile. 

A huge golden bear beast is now seen trotting in the front and near his side is a smaller, but still slightly big, dark brown bear beast. Other beasts are also seen heavily trotting behind them. In the sky, a beast lets out a caw, and behind this one are another two bird beasts. Back to the ground, a voluptuous figure with long dark silky black hair is seen gleefully riding the golden bear beast.  Behind her are another two females riding their respective beasts. 

Leader Axel and another male, both with serious yet happy expressions, walk toward the incoming group, they then morph into their beasts. Axel's dark brown bear beasts is of similar built and size as papa Dash, while the other is a rather large gray wolf beast. When mama and her group are closer, Axel and the other male let out their respective growls and howls. Besides me Radu and the other males are doing the same. Glancing around I see that some females, including Natasha, are giving their beastly roars as well so I thought why not. Lifting my face to the sky, I give out my own roar. 

Radu slightly jumps and lifts an eyebrow when he hears his little female's tiny roar. Tsking, he asks, "Suki, do you know why the females roar?"

I happily look at a not so amused Radu and shake my head in no. 

Radu massages his forehead and starts patting my head, "it means that they're interested in getting to know the single males."

My smile freezes, oh crap.

---------------

Walking toward his clan leaders, Dash's light brown eyes are quickly searching for his little cub. Soon his ears tilt straight up when he hears her little roar out of so many other female roars. "Oh my," gasps Lucy. Pinpointing her roar, he and Lucy dumbfoundedly stare as the second phased skunk beasts tenderly patting their cubs head while being careful of the flower head wreath. Besides Dash, a young black bear beast is desperately trying not to laugh. 

Lucy pets her head male's rising fur. "Dash," seeing that his fur is still rising, she says in a much louder voice, "Dash." He shakes his huge head to get out of his current emotion, yet his fur is still slightly raised up. "She probably didn't know what it meant." Dash once again shakes his head and grunts, the leopard beasts behind them also grunt. She sighs, "yes, yes, I know, she's still too young." Sucking on her lip, Lucy continues, "but you also know how important it is for her to have males.. right" she adds in a deeper voice. Dash responds by letting out a long sigh.  

When the Clan Leaders and the arriving tribesmen were finally standing next to each other, the three bird beasts swoop in, land beside the golden bear beast, and bow to the two males. The golden bear beasts with the rest of the beastmens behind them laid themselves in the ground, with this, Lucy and the other two females got off their rides and also bowed down to the leaders. The Clan Leaders gave a final roar and morphed back into their male forms. 

"New members must follow the Clear Lake Tribe rules," deeply growls Leader Axel. 

"You may morph back and join us at tonight's campfire," commands the other leader. 

 After hearing the last part, all beastmen morph back into their male forms, and along with the females, they nod at the Clan Leaders. 

Seeing their respect and agreement, the leaders step back while the beastmen continue to walk toward the waiting tribesmen. All but two stayed behind to report to their Clan Leaders. 

----------------

As mama came closer, my tail started to wag even more. Bouncing on my feet I think I see her sporting new marks on her body. I got some more papas. Grinning, I glance around mama. There I see papa bear's usual serious face, papa Chris famous smirk, papa Jack's scowl, papa Brent small smile, and another three unknown beastmens. Where's papa Zeik?  

Glancing around I see that no other female is running toward the males, therefore I impatiently stayed put and kept clenching my fist. Where's papa Zeik? My eyes look once again at mama and around her. I don't see him, so I start looking behind them to see if maybe he stayed to talk to Leader Axel. No, not there. Biting my quivering lip, I didn't notice when mama's face was near mine. 

"Suki, do you miss me?" ask's Lucy with a small frown. I clear my eyes, and hurriedly hug her neck, "mama, of course I miss you!!" Nuzzling my face into her hair, I hurriedly say, "I've got so much to tell you." Lucy beams radiantly and lifts Suki to her chest. "As do I," she whispers. 

-------

Author's note:

Please forgive this shameless author for not updating yesterday. I was fondly reading another book(s) yesterday (so intriguing), and ended up playing Stardew Valley that same evening/night (that game is surprisingly addictive).