Ch. 84 Judgment

There is an area not too far from the village where the land is flat, where no trees can be found nearby, and where rocks have been beaten to smithereens. This desolate place is known as the site where the village beastmens could attempt fate in fighting one of the two Clan Leader's for their position. However, this part of the territory also has another purpose, and that is... judgment and punishment. 

At this moment the place is filled with the villagers of the Clear Lake Tribe. Inside their huge circle stand with crossed arms two strong bear and wolf beastmen whose unshaking eyes are set on the presumed victim and assailant. 

The attacker's unkempt strands of black hair hides his face while he looks down at the brittle ground. Kneeling, his hands are placed to his side where they are placed in a loose fist shape. On his skin, he is coated by mud and blood. The blood appears old and made by what seems to have been claw marks yet these marks have long been healed. 

Placed further away from him is another kneeling villager, but this one is a female and on her skin there appears to be faint scratches and purple bruises. Her head, like the other, is also looking down yet for those who are observing they would be able to see that her dark brown eyes are peaking toward her right side. As for her hands, they are held tightly on her lap, yet if she were to let them go to her side like the presumed attacker is doing, then more than likely she'll be showing weakness to the whole tribe.

In the inner circle stand to attention the village warriors appointed by the two Clan Leaders. These males have made a barricade around the four individuals in order to prevent any disorder and attacks of disagreement.

While the two figures kneel the villagers murmur to each other about what they heard and what some might have seen. In most of the villagers, their eyes zero in disappointment and rage at the attacker for hurting one of their females. As for some of the females, they appear worried for the kneeling comrade and wariness toward the hulking disheveled male. Then of these villagers are a few males who sympathize with the attacker for they know and have experienced his low patience. 

The murmurs then halt when the Wolf Clan Leader raises his hand palm open to the sky. Getting their attention, he begins to speak. 

"Vick, son of Nadia and Axel, is being judged for having hurt a female named Suki, daughter of Lucy and Dash."

"These two and others whom we will be called will testify about that occurence and we, Clan Leaders of the Clear Lake Tribe, will give out a final judgment and suitable punishments."

"Do the villagers agree!" growls James as his steady dark gray eyes land on each tribesmen. Following his eyes, the villagers nod their head in agreement. 

After this, Axel steps up and with a stoic face looks at his kneeling son. 

"Vick, how did you hurt Suki?"

Vick's head slowly looks up at the Bear Clan Leader. With clear and steady eyes, he responds,

"I roughly chased her through the forest with the intention of submitting her beast."

Gasps were heard at his confession.

"I then let out a pressure to make her stay still..."

Murmurs in disapproval follow.

"But by that time my beast has taken complete control of me. The short moments that I came through I saw that I have raised my pressure, making Suki and other males fall still."

Low whisperings filled with tone of wariness began throughout the villagers.

Axel gave out a low growl which immediately made the tribesmen stop their gossip.

"And what led you to chase this female and for you to later use your pressure on her?"

Vick with a tight fist explained in a cold voice, "She got in my face and drew blood on my neck."

A couple murmurs of surprise went throughout the circle of tribesmen.

"Later my pressure was further placed when my beast instinct felt that she was going to be taken away from me."

Whispers of 'did he?' to 'can it be?' could be heard surrounding the four figures. 

To his confession Leader Axel's eyes began to glow at the villagers onslaught of whispers. Feeling his anger, the tribesmans kept their heads down in respect. 

Axel then set his eyes at the still kneeling female.

"Suki, how did it come for you to decide to draw Vick's blood?"

With trembling eyes, Suki lifted her head and faced the two Clan Leaders. Not being able to look directly at their eyes, she then chose to look at the space between them. 

"I" a hoarse voice came out. Clearing her throat, she began again, "I let my emotions take control of me when I saw that Vick destroyed the door to my den..."

Further clenching her hands, "at first, I scolded him.. harshly and felt in my right to do so.. but then I think I felt that my beast grew excited in that I could scold an alpha male...that's where my claws accidently drew blood from his neck."

"Now tell us what happened at the river of bears," commanded Axel.

Peeking at Vick, Suki spoke softly, "the first felt pressure made my knees buckle. The second pressure made me fall completely still. But at that time, the bear beastmens were trying to come to my rescue... By the time Vick calmed down in his beast form, my males arrived to rescue me."

Drawing some of her claws into her tightened hands, a faint scent of her blood could be smelled. Now looking directly at Vick, Suki confessed, "but he never drew blood from me from his claws or teeth."

---- -- ---- -- ----

Question from my readers:

Q: Why after the other girl from different world appeared the MC is like some female supporting character of villainess to be type in circumstances?

A: If we were to compare this book to most other books of similar genres, cough, Beauty and the Beasts: Wolf Hubby XOXO, the woman or girl that falls into the world of beastmen comes from a modern world where they have everything.. working indoor toilets, food ready from the grocery stores, pads, medicine on-the-go, etc. Anyway, the story revolves around them rather than the beastmens that reside in that world. And following the usual villainess novels that I really love to dive into and read to my heart's content, Suki would not be the protagonist. The protagonist should have been Sheila, the woman who came from another world, and Suki would've ended up being either an extra or a villainess depending on how her personality came about. 

But since Suki is the protagonist and has knowledge from her past life (read books similar worlds) she has been more attentive and aware to what crossing the female lead could end up. So, Sheila is important to this story, and Suki learning how to adapt to her presence is to be taken notice of as well. Though, it's true that she would at times forget the importance of Sheila is to her world and tribe.... no one's perfect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯