Ch. 106 The Crocs and The Geese

What I'm seeing now is what I didn't think would exist in this world given that beastmens are highly independent, or so I thought... and that is, that there are monster ahem mother-in-laws.

Skipping over the first two villages who one has expressed desire to be part of our war and another shying away from such blasphemy, is the third village called Misty Eye Tribe that is conveniently swamped.

By swamp, I meant, major areas covered in water.

Here our group had to tediously be careful of swimming around for fear of coming across scaly beasts. Unfortunately, but maybe fortunately for my tribesmen, the tribe consists of crocodiles and geese beasts. Interesting combination huh?

So, why is that fortunate for my tribesmen? Because, one the croc beasts defends their tribe against feral snake beastmen, which could be from a python to a cottonmouth, from attacking and gobbling up their members. And two, being friendly with them and with the geese beasts, who are their eyes in the sky, is a humongous bonus for us.

Now, let's get to the part of why this particular village, no, particular beastmens, is an unfortunate cause. The deal is that for them to join our group, I had to choose two males from them.

"WHAT!!" growls Radu as he huffs and paces inside a wooden den. Sitting cross legged near the exit is Adan scowling and massaging his forehead. On the other side of the room is Leo, surprisingly being quiet, however sneaking a look at his direction, I can see him sharpening his claws while quietly laughing evilly. As for Vick, well he's with other tribesmen trying to encourage this tribe Leaders for another deal.

"Hey Suki, you've always worn furs, aren't you curious about how wonderful you'll look in scales?" happily says Leo as he finally joins my side.

"You know, that's a great idea" mutters Radu. "You can maybe add one of theirs to our family and well no one will know how he disappears," gently smiles Radu as he finally stops pacing.

Tilting my head to the side, that actually sounds like a good idea except I don't want to be known as one of those females who kills her males.. -_- " No, don't wanna."

"Radu, Leo, you both know that Suki won't agree to that idea," sigh. "Maybe we can just say no and forget them," mutters Adan as he stares at my fidgeting fingers.

This time it was my turn to sigh, "no, that won't work either. Having them with us is a great plan since none of us are water beasts. We need them." Besides that, my plan is to add more males to my family.. I just didn't think scales would be one of them.

With this I finally decided to stand up, walked to the exit, and said, "let's go before they destroy this agreement."

Walking out of the den, various eyes can be felt on us. No, not us, on me. None of their stares are hostile, instead what I'm receiving feels worse. It's hope from few of the females and lust from most of the single males. Definitely makes me feel like I'm their prey.

As I walk to the leaders den my mind wanders to my past life where I witness in what appears like an interesting huge size window the images of the crocs mating ritual. Feeling a shiver, I try to hold it down. Yeap, no way would I want to be near one of those males in their natural habitat. I'll drown!! I really hope these beastmens don't follow their instincts to a T.

Standing in front of the beautifully carved den and gorgeously decorated with bones of their enemy, I pulled my shoulders back and walked inside after receiving their welcome.

Fast Forward, I'm now standing beside the thick muscular dark green braided hair male known as the Croc Leader and next to him stands a thinner long legged male with straight black hair known as the Goose Leader. In front of us stands a group of many single males waiting to see who I'll choose as my mate.

Yes, singular, as in mate, not mates. With my presence I was able to narrow it down to one. It helped to let them know that I'm still new to having a family and that if I had two from this tribe that there might be inconveniences with my present males. No female beast wants their family to be in turmoil because that will equal to less survival rate!

Anyway, back to the single males. Hellooo. What surprised me about this tribe is that some of these males actually had their mother near them screaming at the top of their lungs that their own son(s) the best because of so and so reason (the tallest, the most muscular, the most beautiful, the one with the gorgeous voice, the one with the highest kills, etc etc.).

Lowering my ears, I felt like I was in an open commercial area where the sellers showed off their prized items. Yet, if it weren't for the circumstance I'd probably find it comical if said event happened to another female. Mmm Natasha would probably have drunk in the attention.

Rapidly blinking my eyes, my attention is brought back to the present when one of the females pushes her rather tall shy son forward and pleasantly says, "Hercules here would be a great mate to your family, he's three marks, can easily fight off a snake feral, and would be a wonderful head male. Besides that, as his mother I could come and visit and bring in my males to help you out at your den with anything!"

What?! Does she truly believe that her son can automatically become my head male just because she says so? Where is her brain at???

Thankfully they were then pushed to the side by a much bigger female who brought forth three of her sons. "Two of them are two mark males, the other is still a one mark male, but I can guarantee that my sons are as handsome as their father! Many females of our tribe have wanted them but I knew that a beautiful female like yourself would come one day and claim them!" proudly grins the female as her sons look at my hips and breasts with lust.

Eeeekkkkkkk noooo!! Do you not see their gazes!!

This time it was the Goose Leader who cleared his throat. With that warning, the female immediately shrunk back and took her sons away.

Seeing how much power they had over these groups, I cowardly took a step between them. Here, no other female would try to get into my bubble space again. As for why them and not my males, welllllll they're currently behind these groups trying to control their beasts from bashing the males away.

Scanning back to the males standing in front of us I can see some showing off their muscles, others glowing their eyes at me (em, no), and a few bashfully looking up at me (these ones usually are seen being pushed forward by what I presume are their mothers). Until my eyes spot a male who seems to be rejected by the others. How, besides his white braided hair and pale skin, none of the other beastmens have crowded around him? Hmmm interesting. Now full on grinning I realize that this male will be mine.

Chapter originally written and published on December 22, 2021 in Wat tp ad. Time: 12:32