Ch. 36 Campfire with The Newbies

While the papas were sent to hunt and my brothers were sent to prepare our campfire, papa Dash stayed behind with mama to tell us of their journey to the competition.  

Lucy internally prepared herself to tell her cub why Zeik was no longer part of their family. 

"Remember that despite your crying on that day, I firmly stayed put on my decision when I commanded that you couldn't come with us?" asks mama.

I slightly blush at the memory and nod my head seriously, "you said it could be dangerous."

"Yes," nods Lucy, "there was a chance that ferals or enemy tribesmen could attack us..." Pursing her lips, mama gruffly continues, "when the Most Beautiful Competition occurs, ferals would especially take this once in a five year chance to attack and steal the lonely females," she says as her eyes morph into beastly slints. With a lecturing tone, mama adds "one thing is being surrounded by the rest of your tribesmen inside the tribe, another is being in an unknown territory and being surrounded with only a few of the tribesmen." With her claws barely coming out, she lowly growls, "we were attacked on our way there and lost a few males." Closing her eyes, she slowly breaths in my scent and opens her now usual dark blue eyes to look at me, "your papa Zeik bravely stopped a feral from grabbing onto my leg." I let out a gasp and quiver my lips knowing what happened to him. With watery eyes, mama whispers into my ear, "he died bravely" pauses and quickly glances at her cub's pet beast "when you can Suki, obtain as many strong males as you can so that hopefully you won't experience this loss."

Nodding solemnly, I hug her neck once more while letting tears fall down onto her hair. I also quietly try to lovingly purr as mama carries me to the campfire where my brothers wait. When we arrive, mama places me on the ground but before I could take a step toward the diablitos, papa Dash quickly grabs me and holds me tightly to his chest, "I miss you so much my little cub." With slight puffy eyes I laugh merrily at papa Dash and point to my flower wreath. "Look papa, it's in yours and Radu's color!" Papa Dash's smile freezes, his nose twitches, and stares heavily at a guilty Radu. Looking back at my happy smile,  papa bear responds tightly "yes, very lovely" as he breaths heavily onto my flower wreath. Meanwhile, the diablitos scowl at Radu and internally sigh that their little sister didn't add a color for them...

Lucy rolls her eyes at Dash's and her cubs' jealousy. Seeing that her new males have arrived with meat, she claps her hands to grab their attention. "Suki, meet your new papas!"

Mama nods her head at three male beasts, each carrying a heavy prey. A black headed male is the first to step forward, as he first nods at papa bear then at mama, the rest follow him. Mama smiles at them and motions to me, papa Dash then lets me down. As I walk over to mama, the triplets each grab meat from the new males and start preparing the meal.

Mama places a loving hand on the back of my shoulder and smiling gently she first speaks to the black hair male, "this is Shawn, he's a hawk beast." With his dark brown eyes he stares at me, lowers himself and takes in my scent, blinking his eyes slowly he nods at me and steps back. Mama then looks at the other male standing beside Shawn, "this is Harry, a blond leopard beast." The shaggy golden blond male carefully steps forward, gives me a small smile and repeats the same as the first male. He then gives me a happier smile and steps back besides the serious looking Shawn. "The other is Juan, he's a golden tiger beast." I smile tightly, this male is huge. His muscles are rippling. The male takes a heavy confident step forward, lowers himself to his knees and stares at me with his golden eyes, he then takes a sniff of my scent. Looking back at my mama, he smirks and gives her a wink. When mama blushes at Juan, papa Dash starts to lowly growl. Even I knew that this male was not following some unspoken rule. Before anyone could react, I quickly shorten my distance to the still sitting huge tiger beastmen. Puffing up and shoving my chest forward, I stare at him right in his bewildered eyes and let out a little growl, "my papa Dash is and will always be the head male of mama's family." Papa Dash stops his growling and in seconds starts to laugh loudly. "That's my cub!" he says as he roughly pats my head. Grabbing the head wreath out of my head I happily yell, "papa, don't mess my flowers up!" Radu silently shakes his head while internally tsking at his little females uncalled for bravery.

While both father and cub are laughing arrogantly, Lucy couldn't help but to want to disappear. Sneaking a peak at Juan, she sees that he is barely trying to maintain his smile, while her other two new males are trying not to snicker at his loss. Thankfully, before she could clear her throat and figure out how to dismantle what her female cub did, she heard Jack's loud caw, along with Chris and Brent howling of them coming in with more prey. 

The new males then took the preys from my papas to prepare the meats beside our campfire. As they work with my brothers and Radu, I was merrily laughing and hugging papa Jack, Chris, and Brent. Papa Jack handed me a shiny purple shell while winking toward Radu's direction. Papa Chris with a huge smile handed me a sweet and juicy yellow fruit to munch on. And papa Brent gave me a necklace made of different color smooth rocks. Papa Dash smiles fondly at his cubs happiness, and whispers gruffly into her ears, "your mama and I got you another gift, but it's for you to try on tomorrow." Smiling gleefully, I give them my thanks and skip over to show Radu and the triplets their gifts.