15

Chapter song ❤️ Aaryan shah- renegade.

Cauterize.

It simply means to burn, sear, or freeze tissue using hot iron, electric current or caustic agent. So why does it feel like my whole body is aflame and that feel is what my body is tortured through right now; it hurts, it burns. I need saving. There's this hot burning sensation which engulfs my flesh listening to my parents explain themselves to me and why they kept it away from me all these years. Anger, despair, hurt, ignorance, above all stupid.

But I meekly sat there paying half of half attention to whatever they say fighting my own battles in my head.

I could have sensed it; the private home school, security in Grandpa house, mum and dad always on business trip and Daniel never without me. It was very much clear. I thought it was because our family came from old money, famous and rich therefore making people see us as targets, sniffing for loopholes to smear our name not knowing we are who they feared in Ireland.

The O'Connor name.

It downs down to the point of contact with Alexei. I wish I never met the Russian. If that meeting never took place, none of this would have happened. The sex, Bryan hospitalised at some point, knowing that he killed someone who crosses him, Bryan still after him, Daniel and the Irish mafia and my family secret. Then my feelings for the Russian, and to top it all I'm pregnant with his child.

I wish I never met Alexei.

Sighing, dipping my hand in my Prada purse taking out the pink stick showing two lines very much vivid, befuddled, exasperated to say the least; my head falls to my wheels clutching the stick tight as the creeping tides of lustful tandems whispers in my ears, it finally dawns on me.

I am pregnant for my client.

Expelling loudly sitting up looking at the skyscraper in front of me where lies the man I want, the man I crave for, the father to my child but have to keep away from because my family don't want him. They will never accept him.

Do what you must but he don't need to know about this child if must be. Tell him you're going back to Ireland and won't come back to America. Tell him you will get married to Daniel as it should be.

Mum's words echoes in my ears; but I don't want Daniel, I want Alexei. I want to watch his face when I tell him we have a baby together, not Daniel. That will crush him if he ever finds out I kept such a secret from him all the years he has been apart from his child. And then I promise never to leave him. Finally getting what I wanted, I made him fall for me, yearn for me, crave every bit of me till he goes insatiable; then out of the blue I will pack my things and leave high and dry. That will crush him, that will surely crush him. I want to stay back with him and grow our child together but mother is right, this is for my safety and for my baby.

Alexei is who he is and I am who I am.

The psycho and the therapist.

I only hope I don't ruin him more than the first day he walked through my office doors.

Pulling open my car door stepping into the building walking into the elevator poking his suite floor. Lord forgive me for what I'm about to do.

Ding*

My eyes search for the tattooed Russian psycho finding the den empty. Unlike him. "Alexei?" Biting my lips anxiously walking further in his penthouse past the kitchen, the gym, his office. Where could he be? "Alexei?" Calling, getting no answer as I retrace my steps climbing up the stairs to the rooms, his room. There I find him sitting on the edge of the bed looking something of an empty soul, hunch back facing the floor to roof glass window. "Alexei?" Why is he like that? Stepping closer till I came to his front, still it was like he didn't see me or notice my presence. What creeped me out more is the fact he turns to face me but still look empty. Not again, please.